Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

md

Hey Wilber, you are the defacto expert around here so I'm certainly not going to step on your toes.

Just remember Alana saying at a presser that she had to drive Cooper around because he wasn't old enough to drive (or possibly didn't have a permit -- although I'm pretty sure it was the former).

You might be right about TWBB as Boxofficemojo says the same.  Not sure where I heard the 70m mark but --- wow that's even more impressive and samesies with Paul Dano being casted twice.

Bauman is a life long Gaffer / Chief Electrician.  Below the line.  He faught and deserved the DP credit, but I almost guarantee he does not come at the price tag of AA winning Elswitt.  Elswitt is and was in a league of his own, up there with the Chivo's, Deakin's, Richardsons and so forth.  Paul most likely didn't get paid extra as a DP since he is not unionized or ASC.  All his major money is backend, although I'm sure he made a cool 5-6-7million (maybe more) for Writing/Directing/Producing upfront -- although I have no confirmation on this. 
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

wilberfan

Yeah, I never saw Cooper drive himself anywhere--with the exception of what occurs in the film.  He also was probably a resident of the state of NY at the time and likely wouldn't have been CA-legal.

md

Also....when did Pauls film stop being a 'PT Anderson Picture'?    Punch Drunk Love didn't have any opening credits I dont remember.  Just a thought after seeing the opening credits of LP.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Alethia

Quote from: md on December 01, 2021, 10:19:16 AM
You might be right about TWBB as Boxofficemojo says the same.  Not sure where I heard the 70m mark but -

I think it grossed about 70 mill, if that's what you're thinking of...

Quote from: md on December 01, 2021, 10:32:18 AM
Also....when did Pauls film stop being a 'PT Anderson Picture'?    Punch Drunk Love didn't have any opening credits I dont remember.  Just a thought after seeing the opening credits of LP.

A PT Anderson Picture appears in the end credits of PDL, but I believe that was the last time.

wilberfan

Did PT Anderson give way to Ghoulardi around then?  Or was Ghoulardi a credit from the get-go?

Alethia

I think it's been Ghoulardi since Boogie Nights...

md

Ahh Eward you are correct. Funny how the mind works (or doesnt)

WorldForgot

Belongs in the CURSED IMAGES thread if ya ask me  :rofl:

itwasgood

wilberfan

Rooty Poots

Brown suits are still beautiful! It's my favorite color.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Drill

He's interviewed in the upcoming Sight & Sound magazine. Out next week.