Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jzakko

That's tragic they deleted the fart trailer, it was such a broad joke to make for the marketing of this movie so maybe MGM got cold feet.

In case they don't repost it any time soon, I rewatched it like 4 or 5 times and remember it quite well

Spoiler: ShowHide
It started with a classic cliche of a trailer voice-over with cheesy campaign music saying something to the effect of 'the only film this season the critics are all talking about' with all these quotes from ecstatic reviews, then that all gets cut off by a fart and we're in the car filming the Joel Wach's campaign video

just 3 quick shots in the car, the first two (gary with the camera farting, Alana giving him a side-eye) are in the trailer, then there's a shot from the 16mm camera of Joel saying "I'm just going to open this window"

it then has a quick snippet of 'Life on Mars' and the shot from the trailer of the two embracing before that cuts out again to a shot of Alana asking 'who farted in the car', cut to Gary who laughs, cut back to Alana "I knew it was you, I know that smell"

this appears to be cut dialogue from the argument they have about the pinball machines

Hilarious bit, wish it was in the film.

Alethia

itwasgood

Yes

Amazing.

I'm going to pretend PTA cut and uploaded that one himself without MGM knowing.

They should run it as a TV spot

wilberfan

Alethia

wilberfan

A Valley icon (PT Anderson) taps another (Dennis McCarthy) for latest cinematic love letter to area

Multi-Oscar nominee Anderson called on Vals with authenticity to tell San Fernando Valley-based tales in his critically lauded new movie "Licorice Pizza." Among them is longtime Daily News columnist. McCarthy shares his on-set experiences — and his 27 words of on-screen dialogue.

Alethia

Fuck, never realized

Spoiler: ShowHide
the "cherry bomb" scene is a direct lift from American Graffiti - same angle and everything!

wilberfan

WorldForgot

That was posted on the previous page, where you called Adam Supper Adam Dinner.
Also, will be at the same venue where Paul snuck in to see Fast Times at Ridgemont High (back when it was a Pacific).

wilberfan

Ooops.  Too much news, too close together.  And I hadn't even noticed the auto-correct fucking I got....  :doh:

Alethia

pynchonikon

Repent for your sins, and burn this unholy theater to the ground.

Alethia