Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Yes on October 19, 2021, 11:54:42 PM
She really doesn't look 18 and the film is explicit in the age difference so people will care

Where does it say in the trailer she is much older than him?

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Rooty Poots on October 19, 2021, 08:45:56 PM
I just want to remind people just how old a lot of teens looked in the '70s. I recently looked at a senior yearbook from when I was in kindergarten, and the graduating class looked like they were in their 40s. (It was even worse than this example, which was just one of the first results for "1973 senior yearbook". To be fair, I cherry-picked this one since it was worse than some. BUT it's not worse than the seniors from my earlier-mentioned yearbook)

Jesus Wayne Addy had it rough

Drenk

Wayne Addy is obviously an undercover narc...under the influence...
Ascension.

Alethia

Wayne Addy is Thomas Pynchon.

Yes

Quote from: Mattbish19 on October 20, 2021, 09:31:59 AM
She really doesn't look 18 and the film is explicit in the age difference so people will care

Where does it say in the trailer she is much older than him?

Lmao. She's definitely older enough to feel weirded out by hanging out with a 15 year old boy

jviness02

How is it explicit in the age difference? Because she says she feels weird hanging out with his 15 year old friends? That line is a joke in a trailer that is completely out of context. My sister felt weird hanging out with my friends when we were 15 and she was 18. Girls typically mature faster than boys, so 18 year old girls typically aren't interested in 15 year old boys. She could be playing an 18 year old. We literally have no idea, so it's odd to have such a strong stance about the age difference  being "explicit" when we still ultimately know next to nothing about this movie.

Drenk

And my point is that the actress playing the eighteen/nineteen years old saying she feels weird hanging out with fifteen years old being a DECADE older than the role make the whole thing visibly ridiculous.

Ascension.

wilberfan

There are a lot of things we could overthink and blow out of proportion during our long wait.  It says something about something that we seem to be stuck on the age difference of the actors and the characters they play.

And I guess it says something about something else that we're hyper-focused on how the film is being marketed (or not being marketed).   Curiouser and curiouser.   :ponder:

Drenk

Interesting plural. There's just one actress ten years older than a high school student in Licorice Pizza as far as I know.
Ascension.

Pringle

I'm convinced.

It brings me no pleasure to report that Licorice Pizza is canceled.

Alethia

Quote from: Drenk on October 20, 2021, 02:22:18 PM
Interesting plural. There's just one actress ten years older than a high school student in Licorice Pizza as far as I know.

Maya Rudolph, or The Waitress from It's Always Sunny?

Drenk

Maya is playing Alana's schoolmate?  :shock: They're really on the campus that make you old.
Ascension.

wrongright

Quote from: wilberfan on October 20, 2021, 02:16:59 PM
There are a lot of things we could overthink and blow out of proportion during our long wait.  It says something about something that we seem to be stuck on the age difference of the actors and the characters they play.

And I guess it says something about something else that we're hyper-focused on how the film is being marketed (or not being marketed).   Curiouser and curiouser.   :ponder:

What do you think it says? I've already said what I think.

Yes

Quote from: jviness02 on October 20, 2021, 02:07:03 PM

How is it explicit in the age difference? Because she says she feels weird hanging out with his 15 year old friends? That line is a joke in a trailer that is completely out of context. My sister felt weird hanging out with my friends when we were 15 and she was 18. Girls typically mature faster than boys, so 18 year old girls typically aren't interested in 15 year old boys. She could be playing an 18 year old. We literally have no idea, so it's odd to have such a strong stance about the age difference  being "explicit" when we still ultimately know next to nothing about this movie.

Yes... this is literally what I'm saying! you got worked up over nothing. "Explicit" means "direct" as in the film with directly address the element of their relationship

Great conversation this is!