Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Yes

Did not get trailer with Dune

Jeremy Blackman

Same. I actually didn't get any trailers with Dune. (Local theater chain.)

wilberfan

Yes

I'd be fine with not seeing the trailer in theaters if it means not seeing tweets from random people about the movie

Drenk

You can't find the true random tweets about the trailer because they certainly don't mention the title.
Ascension.

PaulElroy35

What's everyone's predictions on much screentime penn,  bradly, Waits and sadie will get in the film?

Tdog

Quote from: Mattbish19 on October 23, 2021, 09:49:35 AM
What's everyone's predictions on much screentime penn,  bradly, Waits and sadie will get in the film?

Hannibal Lecter Silence of the Lambs: Small overall on screen time but spread out through the movie, except Waits, he'll have one sequence/section I bet.

jviness02

Waits is actually the lead

WorldForgot

It'll be neat to see Paul tackle youth again. There Will Be Blood doesn't really get into that so last time we got a look at how he feels youthfulness is potential and pressure both was Magnolia (?)

Plenty of his characters are youthful, but these are the formative years of characters we'll be watching. Looking forward to what fatherhood has gleamed in him for the way teens try to break out of molds, or shape themselves as a part and apart of idealistic notions we have as kids.

pynchonikon

Beautiful interview/discussion of Alana with the one and only John C.Reilly. Great read, enjoy!

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/alana-haim-talks-to-john-c-reilly-about-her-life-changing-acting-debut?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=oct21

Edit: Alana confirms her character in the movie is on her early twenties. Reilly has seen the movie, said it made him melancholic and described the romance as "sweet and innocent".

Drenk

QuoteREILLY: I've known Paul since before he directed his first movie, and he's always been very private and very paranoid.

If he's that way with Reilly, well...!

Ascension.

wilberfan

Mondays continue to be little pots of gold at the beginning of the week.  I LOVED this back-and-forth...  Too many good things to even pull out to quote.

My expectations have been elevated again...

Spoiler: ShowHide
I felt melancholic after watching the film, even though it's about a very sweet and innocent relationship. I think I felt that way because your character is really at sea in so many ways. She's constantly looking for certainty about something—about anything—but she can't find it.

(As a little nerd, OCD thing, if you're not aware yet, the end of links beginning with "?" can always be omitted.  It's tracking info, or something.  I always try and 'stick it to the man' by omitting that stuff)

Yes

She said she's early 20s in the movie

PaulElroy35

Really nice interview. Good to know the age debate can end now :)