Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Stefen

Dear Science is pretty fucking good. I was really disappointed my first two listens, but it's a grower and once you get past how funky it is (in a bad way) and you start to notice the musicianship, it really sounds killer. Theres alot going on. My favorite tracks so far as DLZ and Crying.

The Streets need to leak right now. It comes out in the UK next week.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Alexandro

so guys, will any of you post some LINKS for any of all this new cool music (mogwai, on montreal, kings of leon, tv on the radio) or what? because my fucking emule is crap, and i'm lazy...

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Merzbow - Pulse Demon

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

You really are into noise, aren't you? I can't roll with Merzbow.

the last 1:12 minutes in halfway home, the first song on the new tv on the radio are among my favorite sonical experiences of the year.
context, context, context.

cinemanarchist

http://rapidshare.com/files/144209293/TS-EIB.rar

It's time to Borrow Everything...if you get my meaning. Get clicking friends.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

context, context, context.

Stefen

I listened to it last night. I was the second person to get it from what and it boosted my ratio like a mofo.

I'm kind of disappointed. It's very subdued. It doesn't have the same sonicness as his previous efforts. It just feels very laid back, which is fine, but I was expecting something different. It's my own fault, really. Maybe it's a grower.

cinemanarchist

It's certainly different but I'm on listen number two and I think I really dig it but I could just be really happy to have some new Skinner tracks. He makes the best rainy Sunday music.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Stefen on September 10, 2008, 08:09:58 AM
You really are into noise, aren't you? I can't roll with Merzbow.

It's hard to say how I can like Merzbow.   I don't play it for people, especially not at parties, because it's a pretty moot point.  I don't really hold it above people and assume they're missing out, though.  It's definitely an acquired taste.  I was just raised by very quiet parents who never even listened to music at home, so the noisier music, the better to me.  Everytime I heard a band that used distortion I would find myself wanting more of that crunchiness.  Then I started to get into Jazz.  Merzbow is a lot like an orgy of noise, but in a bizarre, calculated way.

Or maybe I'm going insane.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

I FUCKING LOVE THIS WOMAN.

New Feeling

Quote from: Stefen on September 11, 2008, 01:02:11 PM
I listened to it last night. I was the second person to get it from what and it boosted my ratio like a mofo.

I'm kind of disappointed. It's very subdued. It doesn't have the same sonicness as his previous efforts. It just feels very laid back, which is fine, but I was expecting something different. It's my own fault, really. Maybe it's a grower.

I agree that sonically it's not that exciting compared to his earlier stuff but lyrically this album is off the hook!  I'm madly in love with at least a few of the songs, like in ways I've never been before.  Way to go Mike Skinner

I'm still getting used to Dear Science, but I saw TVOTR live two nights ago and it was amaxing

matt35mm

Listening to the new Okkervil River and The Streets.