Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

Gamblour.

Best movie of the year. I haven't felt so good about seeing a movie since Eternal Sunshine.
WWPTAD?

SHAFTR

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkBest movie of the year. .

I would agree.  If you ask me, Batman has the 2 best Super Hero films now.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pas

Quote from: MacGuffinRoger Ebert already called this one of the best films of the year, saying how Spider-Man got it right last year, Batman gets it right this year.

Time for your collagatar, mod.

Damn... I hated Spider-Man 2 to the point of disgust, I hope Batman gets it 'right' in different ways than Spidey.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: MacGuffinRoger Ebert already called this one of the best films of the year, saying how Spider-Man got it right last year, Batman gets it right this year.

Time for your collagatar, mod.

Damn... I hated Spider-Man 2 to the point of disgust, I hope Batman gets it 'right' in different ways than Spidey.

Aside from the ways that Spidey got it "right" with a touch of cheese, overdone speeches, and elasticity, Batman actually gets everything fucking right with the dark tone, the characters, the city, the history, the mythology, the action, and the humanity. It's right on.
WWPTAD?

Kal

I'm going tonight!  :yabbse-grin:

Sleuth

I hated the scenes in Asia.  They were cut like a trailer.  Then there's the one-liners which we could tell would be a problem.

Everything else is special

oh I forgot, Katie Holmes is kind of not
I like to hug dogs

Daliang

I am really excited for this movie, but I just have one worry...

Did Katie Holmes fuck it up?

Ghostboy

I didn't hate Holmes or the one-liners. The former is mostly inconsequential and harmless, the latter appropriately funny.

My full review is here.

Sleuth

Well she doesn't fuck it up, she's just a little wooden playing against the rest of the cast.  

spoilers
Ghostboat, I'm not sure why you say Oldman stole the film when to me he felt just as right as the majority of the cast (also, he had maybe the worst line:  "I've got to get me one of those!"  That's from Men In Black, everyone knows that).  Cillian Murphy was good enough to merit my excitement when we first found out he was cast.  I like how his longevity was due to craftiness and escaping, and then how he was taken care of easily.  That sort of realism made the drug-effects kind of scary.  (Is he gone for good?)
I like to hug dogs

Ultrahip

Ghostboy, on your interview with Don Hertzfelt, which I have not read yet but will shortly, is he the same fellow with those banned, hilarious, stick figure commercials? The one's with "I'm a banana!" and "My spoon is too big!" Because those are fucking great.

Ghostboy

Yeah,one and the same.

Gamblour.

Holmes is fine, but she never dropped this strange acting twitch she's had since Dawson's Creek. I call the Katie Shake. She'll say something, and cock her lips to the side a little bit, and then just shake her very slightly, like a mild tremor.

Cillian Murphy is a god. He was so perfectly cast. Gary Oldman has never been so familial and comforting. After tonight, when I see it again, I'll write a real review, of some kind.
WWPTAD?

Brazoliange

Quote from: UltrahipGhostboy, on your interview with Don Hertzfelt, which I have not read yet but will shortly, is he the same fellow with those banned, hilarious, stick figure commercials? The one's with "I'm a banana!" and "My spoon is too big!" Because those are fucking great.

Rejected ;) AIM me if you want a copy
Long live the New Flesh

w/o horse

Spoilers, perhaps.

The scenes went by at a brisk pace, almost too brisk, as it was hard to find solid ground during the movie.    The city was a bit of a let down, and speaking of which Gotham has a fuckload of cleaning up to do.  It went balls out for sure, but it was an enjoyable experience, and an overall good movie.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Rudie Obias

Quote from: UltrahipGhostboy, on your interview with Don Hertzfelt, which I have not read yet but will shortly, is he the same fellow with those banned, hilarious, stick figure commercials? The one's with "I'm a banana!" and "My spoon is too big!" Because those are fucking great.

like my avatar...
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff