Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

MacGuffin

Scan of new poster:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

That's the worst of the three posters I've seen for this. Photoshopped stills from the movie bug me.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

modage

actually, its my favorite.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Yeah, that poster gets me more excited than any of the trailers have. It's a real beaut.

(And all posters are Photoshopped stills, when you think about it, unless they're of the rare handpainted/illustrated variety).

Derek

It just looks like it was made by a fan on photoshop, I suppose was my point.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

modage

atleast it was a very talented fan who spent a long time in photoshop.  as gb said, the painted variety is a dying breed unfortunately.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Four TV Spots here.

First two are 10 seconds long, the last two are 30 seconds.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I saw one of the TV spots. I'm really losing enthusiasm for this film. I have a feeling Burton's original will still stand after this one. I'm thinking the filmmakers for the new one believe the key to Batman's story is telling his entire story to really achieve depth in his character. I never believed so. For a comic book adaptation, I believe the key lies in the image and the actor. I have no clue what my reaction to the new film will be, but Batman (1989) engrained images into me that made the Joker a monster and Bruce Wayne a tormented soul reality. The film still carries a large impression when I watch it. Sure, the story is basic as one can get, but the production value to recreate Gotham is incredible. Also the performance of Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson are perfect. They apply a seriousness to the story one wouldn't expect an actor to give. Thus the film remains for me (at the moment) the definition of what will likely ever be achieved in this series.

Gamblour.

The only thing I'm doubting is how much humor is in the film and its necessity. "You should see my other one" "does it come in black" "Anyone who would dress up as a bat..." I dunno, these are pretty self-referential lines. It might fuck up the movie. But I still trust Nolan with anything.
WWPTAD?

Pwaybloe

Is anyone suprised at the real lack of marketing this movie?  Remember when Burton's version came out in 1989?

Has Batman gotten old?

Sleuth

I think they're purposely trying to play it low for right now.  The barrage will start in May
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

It's starting up. There are posters and billboards all over Los Angeles. Those commecials ran during the NCAA Tournament. Word is there there may be a new trailer attached to House Of Wax (May 5th).

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I dont like that poster... its like the other one posted before but worse... like he is desintegrating or something

modage

yeah they should've stopped at the last one.  this isnt terrible, but its definitely worst.