Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

metroshane

Are you saying they should make movies according to what MPAA rating they want?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Ghostboy

Technically, it's not for commercial reasons or because of the MPAA, but because, narratively, Bruce had already reconciled himself to not killing after the whole courthouse incident. If there was an opportunity for the filmmakers to let him to actually commit murder, that would have been it - obviously, they figured intent to kill was sufficient enough.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Ghostboynarratively, Bruce had already reconciled himself to not killing after the whole courthouse incident. If there was an opportunity for the filmmakers to let him to actually commit murder, that would have been it - obviously, they figured intent to kill was sufficient enough.

this didn't work for me -- he wasn't willing to kill a man who was a criminal - however he was willing to kill a flock of ninjas and blow up there compound.

Furthermore, Bruce doesn't want to inflict harm, yet he probably killed a few cops during that beligerant car chase.
...your excuses are your own...

Pas

Yeah that police car flipping around was so stupid, the officers in it are obviously dead.

meatball

Quote from: Pas RapportYeah that police car flipping around was so stupid, the officers in it are obviously dead.

It's a movie.

Pubrick

Quote from: KLAUS NOMI
Quote from: Pas RapportYeah that police car flipping around was so stupid, the officers in it are obviously dead.

It's a movie.
which betrays its own logic.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

i know people who've survived car flippings . a racer friend of mine has been involved in two.

:)
context, context, context.

meatball

Quote from: Pubrick

It's a movie.

Right. Logic must be obeyed.

Really, cronopio? TWO car flippings and he survived?

he's lucky i guess. he smokes too much marihuana and hash though.
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: Pubrick

It's a movie.

Right. Logic must be obeyed.
key words: "its own".

movies hav their own logic. their own logic. own. their own internal logic. key words: "its own".
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: Ghostboynarratively, Bruce had already reconciled himself to not killing after the whole courthouse incident. If there was an opportunity for the filmmakers to let him to actually commit murder, that would have been it - obviously, they figured intent to kill was sufficient enough.

this didn't work for me -- he wasn't willing to kill a man who was a criminal - however he was willing to kill a flock of ninjas and blow up there compound.

He was willing.  Someone else killed him before he got to.

pete

I liked this one okay.  I liked how the bad guy was ruining the city through like horror images.  that's kinda cool.  the action scenes were pretty bad.  either incomprehensive or just simply boring eg. gary oldman pulling an anakin skywalker in episode one.  however, compared to the previous four batman films, including tim burton's two boringtacular watch-how-cool-my-sets-are cirque de solei-without-burnout-gymnasts overrated crapfests, this one was way better.  its characters at least had some depth and at least the camera moves every once in a while.  it was a little bit fun and a little bit deep, perhaps a bit too self-referencial for its own good, but I guess that's what happens when you make a prequel.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: cowboykurtis

He was willing.  Someone else killed him before he got to.

i don't recall this
...your excuses are your own...

Pas

I like the reinterpretation of the Scarecrow too...though the actor sucked ass..not in in his acting but in his being a dipshit