Lost in Translation

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, September 07, 2003, 11:51:23 PM

Sanjuro

sorry but i just finnnnaly saw this film and again had to let this out...

it may be the most relaxing film i have ever seen.  its like taking a vacation and in the end itss soooo relaxing even if there was so much shit that stressed you out.  i used to travel a lot and go on vacations to hongkong and all and the film feels exactly like that! the mood was just amazing.

each scene individually was shot so realistically ( god damn her cuts in this film were so brilliant) but it had an overall dreamlike feel just like when you look back at a vacation.
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

Chest Rockwell

Sanjuro

thanks man....

hey does anyone know what were the balck and white movies murray was watching?  the last one was la dolce vita... i dont know the other two, the first looked like a kurosawa film
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

Chest Rockwell

I thought the one with the samurai dying (what looked to be sepuku (spelling?)) was 47 Ronin, but I could be wrong. If you have the DVD, you can check the credits. Towards the end they have a section showing the names of the movies.

ElPandaRoyal

I know I should know the answer to this but I don't. So, XIXAXERS, what's the name of the song that's in the trailer and was the song we'd hear at the Golden Globes, whenever Lost In Translation won an award? Help me! HELP MEEEEEEEEE  :P  I'd really like to know
Si

modage

that would be Peaches- Fuck the Pain Away.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

ElPandaRoyal

It was Just Like Honey, but thanks to the both of you. You've made a sad man, really happier  :x
Si

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumIt was Just Like Honey, but thanks to the both of you. You've made a sad man, really happier  :x

It's what I do--make sad men happy.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumIt was Just Like Honey, but thanks to the both of you. You've made a sad man, really happier  :x

It's what I do--make sad men happy.

Let's hope you do so only by letting them know some names of songs they can't remember...
Si

modage

you know, i finally re-watched this movie the other night for the first time since i saw a sneak preview of it and it was not really the movie i remembered.  i feel incredible sympathy for anyone who is just now seeing the movie, because the hype is so tremendous, that its almost certain everyone will be disappointed.  the hype even managed to rose color my memory of it, making my re-viewing not as special as my initial one.  i think if 2003 had been a better year for movies, it wouldnt have had the attention its receiving.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: themodernage02you know, i finally re-watched this movie the other night for the first time since i saw a sneak preview of it and it was not really the movie i remembered.  i feel incredible sympathy for anyone who is just now seeing the movie, because the hype is so tremendous, that its almost certain everyone will be disappointed.  the hype even managed to rose color my memory of it, making my re-viewing not as special as my initial one.  i think if 2003 had been a better year for movies, it wouldnt have had the attention its receiving.

:shock:

modage

yes, although this movie was in my TOP 3 for last year, i would not disagree with it being OVERRATED.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: themodernage02yes, although this movie was in my TOP 3 for last year, i would not disagree with it being OVERRATED.

Perhaps, but I've never seen a whole lot of hype about it. All I've read about it is Ebert's review, and the occasional small article about it or the actors. But I suppose the real question is what the two in front of it are.

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02yes, although this movie was in my TOP 3 for last year, i would not disagree with it being OVERRATED.
that's a tricky thing to say.

i agree with it in as much as u acknowledge it's not the film's fault.
under the paving stones.