Lost in Translation

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, September 07, 2003, 11:51:23 PM

Pas

What are gettho snapers ?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pas RapportWhat are gettho snapers ?

they are two flaps on the side that you have to unsnapp before you actually open the dvd case.....the only other dvd case that i have seen that uses this is 8 mile.and i like them ..its extra security in a geeky way.............

as far as inserts go i got one for a sweepstakes .with some beer advertised on it.........but nothing else

ProgWRX

i got the same as neon mercury...

lets see if i can screen cap :D
-Carlos

i'm working in my most ambicious contribution to xixax.  i'll translate the Cahiers Du Cinema review of Lost in Translation  8)
context, context, context.

ProgWRX

No luck on the screen shots :( all i have is paint on this computer...
-Carlos

Finn

I told one of my friends yesterday to go out and buy the DVD...and it turns out that he did and he watched it last night. But he came back this morning and hated every single inch of it. He said it was a movie where absolutely nothing happened and had no plotline what-so-ever. He said it opens with a stupid shot of her crack and then she meets this other lonely guy. Then they doesn't really do anything together that's fun and they leave. So, he said it was one of the worst and dumbest movies he's ever seen. His comments are like glass sticking in my brain! I'm so disappointed that he didn't love it...much less like it.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

kotte

You, as a person, needs to be able to connect with movies to like it. Because it's true, nothing happens but it's so fucking great anyway.

SoNowThen

And at the very least, how could you not enjoy the shot of her crack?!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

The Perineum Falcon

Yummy.
I'm asking for that for Christmas.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

molly

i think you'd be better asking it for chinese new year.

Pas

Quote from: QuoyleI told one of my friends yesterday to go out and buy the DVD...and it turns out that he did and he watched it last night. But he came back this morning and hated every single inch of it. He said it was a movie where absolutely nothing happened and had no plotline what-so-ever. He said it opens with a stupid shot of her crack and then she meets this other lonely guy. Then they doesn't really do anything together that's fun and they leave. So, he said it was one of the worst and dumbest movies he's ever seen. His comments are like glass sticking in my brain! I'm so disappointed that he didn't love it...much less like it.

What kind of friend buys a DVD just cause his friend says so. The same kind who hates Lost in Translation probably.

ProgWRX

i had the complete oposite experience with my best friend. Although he is a fellow movie lover, he missed LiT when it came to the local indie theater. Yesterday, he finally got it, after hearing all the hype both from me and everywhere, and this morning he called me raving about how much he loved it and how it even inspired him to reflect on some aspects of his life and whatnot.
-Carlos

SHAFTR

after my 2nd viewing I still love the film but I do have a problem with the party scene (preand -karoakee).  It seems to break the film up, I don't understand the guy with the gun and it seems like Charlotte, from that scene, is having a lot of fun and doesn't seem 'lost in translation'.

What is the deal with the gun?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pedro

the gun seemed like some stunner device thing...but, i like the fun charlotte was having.  she was with friends, and it makes the point that with the right people, you can have a great time.  plus, the glances the two give each other throughout those scenes further add to the dynamic of their relationship.

tpfkabi

yeah, she really said that on Leno.
Jay was kinda like, "ooooook."
it just came out of left field.

i haven't watched the extras yet, but i see that she interviewed Bill on the Life Aquatic shoot............i'm not too sure what i think about the film yet........i had built up so much anticipation for it.......i thought the strip club scene was totally useless

the most annoying thing about the DVD is the trailer(s) at the front. you can't skip them, you have to fast forward through everytime............that's has to be the dumbest thing ever.......after you see the previews once, you're not going to want to see them again.........i did like seeing the Eternal Sunshine trailer though
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.