Lost in Translation

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, September 07, 2003, 11:51:23 PM

Chest Rockwell

I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fuck you!

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: stallloveHas anyone seen the record album of the soundtrack?

I have it.

It's the first shot in the movie..............

yep.

Where is that purchaseable?

Julius Orange

Quote from: P
Quote from: ®edlumIs a bidding war about to begin between Xixaxians?

I'm gonna rip you a new asshole.
Quote from: Chest Rockwell
I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fuck you!

Gentlemen, you will please stay here while I call the police.
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

tpfkabi

Quote from: Chest RockwellScarlett would be offended!

i don't know. did anyone see her interview on Leno the other week (Sophia was on there this week)?

she was telling about how she went shopping for a new sink and said sinks are phallic...speaking of the pipes ( i guess that's the way to phrase it). she just brought it up randomly. it's hard to believe she's only 19. i also recently read an interview in some movie magazine, she's on the cover. she's blonde, very nice pics........i was surprised she did that MTV movie though
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

cine

Quote from: bigideasi was surprised she did that MTV movie though
Yes, but every good actor or actress makes a decision at least once where you're forced to stumble back in awe and shout, "What were you thinking?!"

Alethia

i saw the perfect score, and, you know what?  it wasnt all that bad, tho i may have liked it more because of her....

Ravi

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: bigideasi was surprised she did that MTV movie though
Yes, but every good actor or actress makes a decision at least once where you're forced to stumble back in awe and shout, "What were you thinking?!"

It's a paycheck movie.

cine

Quote from: RaviIt's a paycheck movie.
Indeed.

modage

did anyone elses dvd come with EXTRA GHETTO SNAPPERS on the side? i've never seen that before.  is this some sort of new design for cases?  or just for the ghetto here in stinktown?  also, no insert?!? or is that just me too.  sofia should get a smack in the face for not paying more attention to packaging and presentation.  doesnt she know anything?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

check out who Best Buy thinks is the cast

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1343297&skuId=6191186&tab=4&type=product&productCategoryId=

somone post some sjh ass shots please if you have the dvd

tpfkabi

the other page had the title shot>>>>

i was surprised that their were full and wide screen versions. i thought it was small enough, like Adaptation, PDL & About Schmidt, to demand that people see it in WS.....i was also surprised by the lack of insert and snaps
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideasi was also surprised by the lack of insert

Here's the rule:

Focus Features (Swimming Pool, Far From Heaven, etc.) & Lion's Gate (Cabin Fever, Monster's Ball, etc. - they put the chapter listing on the back cover) = No Inserts

So no one should be surprised when "21 Grams" doesn't have an insert.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

I think the behind the scenes documentary is really great. It reminded me of the Magnolia documentary. Stuff like this can be better than a commentary, which I wouldn't want to hear on this movie anyway.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Weird. Oh

I would bet good money there will be a special Edition sometime this summer after LIT wins an oscar (best original SP, perhaps). But I got the DVD a couple weeks ago and was dissapointed with the presenation too.  I have to agree that the Spike Jonze short doc gave a lot more insight into how they made it. I was shocked at how they really just shot the movie "guerilla style" like someone earlier stated. It really makes you appreciate the movie even more.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Chest Rockwell

I bought the DVD today!! I'm so happy! And yes, mine came with the ghetto snappers. They're pretty cool, I guess, though I predict they'll fall off within a month. But man the DVD is cool. I'm further falling in love with the movie with each viewing. And did she really mention pipe being phallic? That's pretty mature, i suppose. I'd like to meet and have a conversation with her: I bet she's interesting to talk to.

By the way, has anyone else noticed a general lack of attention for her in regards to LIT? Sofia barely acknowledged her at the Globes, and same for Bill....and in the Canversation with Bill Murray and Sofia Coppola they never say anything about her....granted it was edited. But still. Maybe she's actually a brat during production. Nah....