Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

Pedro

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI am excited (though leery) of Elephant, without having seen the trailer.
Click.  Here.  Now.

ono

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI am excited (though leery) of Elephant, without having seen the trailer.
Click.  Here.  Now.
Yep, looks like a damn fine piece of filmmaking.  I'm sure Van Sant deserved all the accolades and awards he's gotten.  Columbine happened on my 19th birthday.  That was a bad day.  To see this dramatized, though, I really don't know if I wanna.  It's gonna be really hard to watch.

And Kill Bill rules.

©brad

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..i mean that other than the ridiculous fight scene between neo and the 1000000000000000 agent smiths everthing else is cool...its just thta one scen e is silly where as in kill. bill uma vs. the many thugs its more sans silly.

r u drunk or is ur keyboard malfunctioning? for god's sake, we have the preview button for a reason.

i am baffled, first off, that the matrix and kill bill r even being compared, for the two movies couldn't be more different. as far as fight scenes go, well, again, ur dealing w/ 2 different movies in 2 different contexts. i wish this stupid debate would not continue, but hey, what can i do to stop it? nada. i will say this; i just got my reloaded dvd today and it kicks ass, every last minute of it, especially the neo vs. agent smiths scene, which sent more chills down my back than anything in kill bill.

SHAFTR

Will Kill Bill Vol 1 make more than Pulp Fiction nationally?  how about globally?

how will Kill Bill Vol 2 compare?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Banky

Quote from: ©bad
Quote from: NEON MERCURY..i mean that other than the ridiculous fight scene between neo and the 1000000000000000 agent smiths everthing else is cool...its just thta one scen e is silly where as in kill. bill uma vs. the many thugs its more sans silly.

r u drunk or is ur keyboard malfunctioning? for god's sake, we have the preview button for a reason.

i am baffled, first off, that the matrix and kill bill r even being compared, for the two movies couldn't be more different. as far as fight scenes go, well, again, ur dealing w/ 2 different movies in 2 different contexts. i wish this stupid debate would not continue, but hey, what can i do to stop it? nada. i will say this; i just got my reloaded dvd today and it kicks ass, every last minute of it, especially the neo vs. agent smiths scene, which sent more chills down my back than anything in kill bill.

booyow

dido

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Banky
Quote from: ©bad

booyow

dido

you can compare it based on this anal-sis

1.0  they are both films
2.0  they are both action -oriented films
3.0  they are both fantasy
4.0  they both involve actors
5.0  the scene(s)  (in question) both involve one vs. many
6.0  they are both cheographed by the same creator

::clears throat::

they both can be compared in that sense..and kill bill's comparative fight scene is less silly... IMO

Sleuth

I like LOTR, but if I had the chance to see FOTR, TTT, or KB, I'd choose KB.  I really don't like the ROTK trailer.  Come on, how many trailers are going to be like

We will [do something from part 1 where everything was peaceful]!

Today we fight!  Yeah!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........::silence::  [title]
I like to hug dogs

brockly

Quote from: @badi just got my reloaded dvd today and it kicks ass, every last minute of it, especially the neo vs. agent smiths scene, which sent more chills down my back than anything in kill bill.

god damn, kill bill sounds shithouse

Banky

is it bad that i will soon have a bootleg copy?

edison

no, what would be bad is if you dont make copies and share :-D

Banky

well im not getting a hard copy

wink wink

Weak2ndAct

Shout-out to LA peeps: apparently (according to Army Archerd on his column in Variety), Quentin has parked the 'Pussy Wagon' out in front of the Vista Theatre on Sunset (the same theatre where Q sat in front of me during Mulholland Dr.).  I was gonna see it there this week, this gives me even more incentive,

brockly

aw dude! thats one sick avator. what movie's it from?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

brockly