-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

brockly

A pretty cool article: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20031010-9999_mz1w9quentin.html

he talks briefly about pta's reaction to a section of the script towards the end

modage

Quote from: EEz28Oh, and i read somewhere that they said a reason for the notepad changing ink color and what not is that thats how noticable those types of errors were back in the day, so thats his kinda reference to that, which makes sense in a way because I dont believe he, the perfectionist, would let something like that slide.

Quote from: themodernage02one continuity error (although a small one) is that when she crosses out O-ren's name on her notepad.  the name is written in black ink.  while the scene in which she makes the list all the names are written in red, with the numbers black and i'm assuming the black will be better to cross through them with.

Quote from: themodernage02according to imdb...

Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The many continuity lapses and other apparent technical errors are a matter of deliberate stylistic choice in this pastiche of 1970s "B" action movies.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

nix

I just listened to the Edward Burns commentary on Sidewalks of New York. His motto is continuity is for pussies. I like that.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Ravi

Quote from: nixI just listened to the Edward Burns commentary on Sidewalks of New York. His motto is continuity is for pussies. I like that.

Maybe that's his misogynistic way of saying that many continuity supervisors are women.

Cecil

Quote from: nixcontinuity is for pussies

who originally said that? lucky mckee also makes reference to it on the may commentary

(kelvin)

I just saw the movie yesterday and was so disappointed. It is a complete catastrophe, a 2-hour egotrip that has no substance whatsoever. Tarantino has not only made one the worst movies imaginable (which, I know, he intended to), but he has also proven himself to be awfully narcisstic. He can play the role of the enfant terrible, if he wants to, but he should try to steal more from other directors (or non-directors, if you prefer), instead of stealing from himself. And the fact that he wanted to make a bad movie doesn't necessarily mean that he made a good movie.

cine

Quote from: chriskelvinAnd the fact that he wanted to make a bad movie doesn't necessarily mean that he made a good movie.
No, it just means he failed.

Alethia

he wanted to make a bad movie?

RegularKarate

What the fuck?  

Who said he wanted to make a bad movie?  
He obviously wanted to make a great movie... and he did.

Alethia

Quote from: chriskelvinAnd the fact that he wanted to make a bad movie

that's who.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: chriskelvinI just saw the movie yesterday and was so disappointed. It is a complete catastrophe, a 2-hour egotrip that has no substance whatsoever. Tarantino has not only made one the worst movies imaginable (which, I know, he intended to), but he has also proven himself to be awfully narcisstic. He can play the role of the enfant terrible, if he wants to, but he should try to steal more from other directors (or non-directors, if you prefer), instead of stealing from himself. And the fact that he wanted to make a bad movie doesn't necessarily mean that he made a good movie.

I do disagree. A bad movie isn't the attempt, but a superficial movie instead. A movie land kind of movie. I think on that level, he succeeded tremendously in most areas. Just difference of opinion. I'm mainly replying because its nice to still see you alive on the board.

~rougerum

Finn

Kill Bill is #2 at the box office for the second week with 12.5 mil. So far, it's made 43.3mil.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Alethia

fuck yes.  TCM wont stay number one for long, that movie was BOOOOORRRRIIIINNNNGGGG.

cine

I gave it some time before I saw this again tonight. Every scene was all the more enthralling this time around. Love the anime scene the most. I noticed those ugly crap code dots during the house of blue leaves scene. Such a great, great movie. :-D