Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

edison

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: poserAnd Man Did You Miss The Point Of The Daryl Hannah Scene if you thought it was pointless. suuuucks.
What was the point?
Can I jump in here? I was going to reply to what you said about it anyhow. I felt it establish more of the Samurai traditions.. that it would just lower them to kill her so easily and so cheaply. That's what I got out of it.

I thought it was great to have Bill realize that doing this was wrong, that there was no honor in it, that he, if given, might have to chance to fight against her. Then there was the reveal of Driver now being with Bill, which will make their fight later on have two goals, and should thus be more exciting, to keep the man Driver loves and to kill the man (beep) hates.

Gold Trumpet

Well, yes, the decision by Bill on waiting to kill her is of samuari influence in respecting the villian. But, its only a single line within that scene. The purpose of effect for the scene mainly was for the Tarantino esque introduction of Darryl Hannah and comedy of her having to abort. It is what dominates the scene. The reason that this lines pops up in the end doesn't change what the rest of the focus is for in how to entertain with what direction to take the scene. The idea of them waiting to kill her could have been dropped in almost any part of the movie and gotten across. The matter of the scene is still cheap humor that plays out like most scenes in the beginning.

~rougerum

edison

I didnt think that scene was funny.

cine

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWell, yes, the decision by Bill on waiting to kill her is of samuari influence in respecting the villian. But, its only a single line within that scene. The purpose of effect for the scene mainly was for the Tarantino esque introduction of Darryl Hannah and comedy of her having to abort. It is what dominates the scene. The reason that this lines pops up in the end doesn't change what the rest of the focus is for in how to entertain with what direction to take the scene. The idea of them waiting to kill her could have been dropped in almost any part of the movie and gotten across. The matter of the scene is still cheap humor that plays out like most scenes in the beginning.
Quote from: EEz28I thought it was great to have Bill realize that doing this was wrong, that there was no honor in it, that he, if given, might have to chance to fight against her. Then there was the reveal of Driver now being with Bill, which will make their fight later on have two goals, and should thus be more exciting, to keep the man Driver loves and to kill the man (beep) hates.
Good call, EEz... and for Banky, I didn't feel it was funny either.

Gold Trumpet

Point taken. I stick with mine.

~rougerum

Alethia

i saw this three times in one weekend.  now i cant see it for a very long time again, or else i will ruin it for myself.  although, the third time was the best, particularly because an old woman sat in front of me and laughed her ass off every time someone died (you shoulda heard her during the decapitation).  her husband kept trying to quiet her, and she told him to shut up every time.  at the end she was like "oh my god, that was so great!!!!  oh my god oh my god oh my god."  hehe, it was pretty funny.

Finn

Just wanted to tell everyone that QT is coming on Saturday Night Live on Tuesday (10-21-03) afternoon on Comedy Central.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

©brad

Quote from: Teen WolfIn regard to QT putting out movies every five years or so...

In this month's Rolling Stone, he talks about how he could see himself becoming like Kubrick, i.e. only making a movie when he feels he has to. He talks about how some directors (he doesn't name names) crank out movies and after awhile they begin to lose their vitality. I can see that. Kill Bill to me felt like a movie made my a man who was aching to make a movie, if that makes any sense.

Oh, and in the same article he actually refers to M. Night as "Shamalongadingdong."

linky?

NEON MERCURY

..My 2 sense

I finally saw this an d i thoghtit was good not great but good ..really good..
maybe when I see vol. 2 it will and should feel more finalized for me.  I still think Jackie Brown. is his masterpeice..

What this film was to me was just a badass action film w/ the tarantino touch.  The dialouge was not up to par w/ the rest of the other films he has done, ..The acting is good but not soilid across the board like Jackie Broewn or pulp was .   Thie music was killer ..esp. during the scen w/ lucy's click going upstairs to the club or whatever ..Very cool ..as for the cinematography.. it was the best in any of his fuilms IMo.. really phucking goood .."the house of blue leaves"whole sequuence ..(indooors & outdooors)..beautiful....I agree that the fight w/ uma vs. the many villians was aloot motre realistic and cooler than the matrix vs. the many agents..Also the humor  wasn't as presemnt in this film as w/ the other (i thought)./..the funiest scens was when she cut that dudes head off..andd the subsequent dialouge..THere were also some funny moments elsewehre but not as many as his other films .Which is dissapointingg tTO ME.  the Anime sequnece was awesome ........

***1/2    out of *****

..also its reall ystupid that this isi split up..

Sleuth

I don't know, I always found the Matrix to have VERY realistic fight scenes

but seriously, I could have seen Vol2 right then and there, as well
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

..i mean that other than the ridiculous fight scene between neo and the 1000000000000000 agent smiths everthing else is cool...its just thta one scen e is silly where as in kill. bill uma vs. the many thugs its more sans silly..

side note:....i saw the trailer for return of the king before kill bill..And after 20 -somethign years of watching films i have NEVER gotten the chills THE WHOLE TIME WHILE WATCHIGN A TRAILER AS I DID FOR RETURN OF THE KING..

this film is gonna be so damn badasssss

Pedro

Quote from: NEON MERCURYside note:....i saw the trailer for return of the king before kill bill..And after 20 -somethign years of watching films i have NEVER gotten the chills THE WHOLE TIME WHILE WATCHIGN A TRAILER AS I DID FOR RETURN OF THE KING..this film is gonna be so damn badasssss
i personally felt nothing for it...i did get that feeling with the elephant trailer though...especially on the big screen.

anyone else here not care for the LOTR movies?

cine

ono

Quote from: Pedro the Wombati personally felt nothing for it...i did get that feeling with the elephant trailer though...especially on the big screen.

anyone else here not care for the LOTR movies?
Me.  I don't really care about LotR.  First one was underwhelming.  Second, a little better, but still not nearly as great as most people would have you believe.  I am dreading how lauded it's gonna be come this winter.  I am excited (though leery) of Elephant, without having seen the trailer.  It seems like a really unsettling-yet-powerful movie.  Yeah, those types of movies are like train wrecks.  You don't really look forward to seeing 'em, per se, but you know they're important and you should.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pedro the Wombati personally felt nothing for it... anyone else here not care for LOTR movies?

Quote from: CinephileUm...me...

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI don't really care about LotR.

...man you guys are nuts... :wink: ..this trilogy._________.::realizes he is outnumbered::