Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

PaulElroy35

Quote from: wrongright on November 12, 2021, 10:16:30 PM
From what I've read, this sounds almost like he's remade Inherent Vice, this time without the Pynchon jargon. He talked about IV before in a somewhat regretful tone. Something to the effect of the film getting more serious than he intended.

Will that be enough for people in terms of accessibility? Hard to predict. Surprising that that Jason guy who's been hyping this up more than anyone didn't seem to love it. I guess it's more accessible than IV, but not as much as say, OUATIH?

So many things wrong about this post but hey keep on trying sweetheart  you might make sense one day. :bravo:

polkablues

Quote from: wrongright on November 13, 2021, 12:04:55 AM
Quote from: eward on November 12, 2021, 11:04:00 PM
Eh, hard to say really. They ultimately don't have all that much in common, though it's easy to think otherwise without having seen it (I certainly did). I feel like this might play pretty well with general audiences. 

Compared to Vice, it's a much more inviting experience overall.

Interesting. You would say OUATIH is more accessible than Boogie Nights? Got to disagree there.

He literally didn't say that. You're disagreeing with the voices in your head.
My house, my rules, my coffee

wrongright

Quote from: polkablues on November 13, 2021, 12:35:32 AM
Quote from: wrongright on November 13, 2021, 12:04:55 AM
Quote from: eward on November 12, 2021, 11:04:00 PM
Eh, hard to say really. They ultimately don't have all that much in common, though it's easy to think otherwise without having seen it (I certainly did). I feel like this might play pretty well with general audiences. 

Compared to Vice, it's a much more inviting experience overall.

Interesting. You would say OUATIH is more accessible than Boogie Nights? Got to disagree there.

He literally didn't say that. You're disagreeing with the voices in your head.

He said he thinks LP is PTA's most accessible movie (therefore, more accessible than Boogie Nights), but not sure if it's more accessible than OUATIH. So I was assuming, but still asking, whether he thinks OUATIH is more accessible than BN. I didn't think that was a big leap.

polkablues

The important thing is that we can all agree that accessibility is the main quality we look for in a film. Walk out of the theater in awe, eyes moist with tears... "My god, it was so... accessible."
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

Red Notice is one of the most accessible films of the year imo. Definitely worth checking out. 

pynchonikon

Nah, I would say F9: The Fast Saga is even more accessible, the faster the better.

Robyn

Quote from: pynchonikon on November 13, 2021, 06:53:26 AM
Nah, I would say F9: The Fast Saga is even more accessible, the faster the better.

Is Johnson in this one?

I don't want to be negative, but I feel like PTA's peers is ahead of the curve in many aspects.  The technology exist to deage someone like Dwayne Johnson, but instead he insists to cast Cooper Hoffman as the high schooler. It's like he wants it to flop at the box office.

pynchonikon

Quote from: Robyn on November 13, 2021, 07:28:10 AM
Quote from: pynchonikon on November 13, 2021, 06:53:26 AM

Is Johnson in this one?

I don't want to be negative, but I feel like PTA's peers is ahead of the curve in many aspects.  The technology exist to deage someone like Dwayne Johnson, but instead he insists to cast Cooper Hoffman as the high schooler. It's like he wants it to flop at the box office.

Or he could just get inspired by SNL and make his own Dwayne Bambi (wasn't he going to make Pinocchio with RDJ 5-6 years ago? there you go!)

wilberfan

Quote from: polkablues on November 13, 2021, 03:43:50 AM
"My god, it was so... accessible."

My friend, who needs a wheelchair, has made comments like this about theaters before.  Most recently about the Village, for example.

mickeywolfman

Quote from: pynchonikon

youtube][/youtube]

Great conversation!! Cooper did awesome, anybody know which night this was?
Is there more?

Alethia

Mickey Wolfman re-emerges!

That was Thursday night in NYC, SVA Theater, 6:30 showing - my second time viewing the film  :yabbse-smiley: I have the whole q and a recorded if anyone wants it.

Shughes

Quote from: eward on November 13, 2021, 09:16:11 AM

That was Thursday night in NYC, SVA Theater, 6:30 showing - my second time viewing the film  :yabbse-smiley: I have the whole q and a recorded if anyone wants it.

Everyone wants it (I assume). Great job. Would love to hear the full conversation.

mickeywolfman

Quote from: eward on November 13, 2021, 09:16:11 AM

:yabbse-grin: Good to be back! (after a couple anxious months of patient lurking)
Thanks for the info— And yes, please send it over!!

Alethia

PM me emails and I can send (will also include the previous night's Q and A at MoMA)