Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Tdog

Quote from: Drenk on November 09, 2021, 09:43:00 AM
Quote from: HoQTeMR4 on November 09, 2021, 09:36:24 AM
Is there ignore option on this forum?
It became unbearable.

Yep. In Account Settings, put your cursor on "Modify Profile", then "Buddies/Ignore List" and "Edit Ignore List".
Beautiful! Thank you!

PaulElroy35

Seems theres been some show times changes to a few of the guild screenings. Plus thee New York ones dont seem to have Cooper appearing at any now.

A shame for anyone who was heading there.

wilberfan

I thought you meant running time, there, for a second.  And, you're right, I don't see any Q&A listings for NYC now...  No longer necessary because many are "at capacity", or....?   Hope nothing happened that forced them to cancel them.

Pringle

I wonder if this will play at the New Beverly. They played the trailer, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is playing the weekend Licorice Pizza opens. Would be a fantastic double feature, I'd imagine.

WorldForgot

It's not unlikely, but dont count your chickens before they hatch -- it's just as probable to end up at the american cinematheque Aero or QTz 2022 Vista Theater opening. In any case, Los Angeles will not lose out on this film.

wilberfan

Quote from: Pringle on November 09, 2021, 06:36:32 PM
I wonder if this will play at the New Beverly. They played the trailer, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is playing the weekend Licorice Pizza opens. Would be a fantastic double feature, I'd imagine.

Not before Christmas, apparently.  Paul said at the Sunday nite Q&A that the Village Theater in Westwood would be the only theater in L.A. where the film would be running--until Christmas Day.

pynchonikon

Quote from: Mattbish19 on November 09, 2021, 02:04:41 PM
Seems theres been some show times changes to a few of the guild screenings. Plus thee New York ones dont seem to have Cooper appearing at any now.

A shame for anyone who was heading there.

https://twitter.com/jasonosia/status/1458259835653341186

Lots of Bees

Any predictions from people who have seen it on MC and RT scores (not that those numbers really mean shit, but they do sway people to see/not see it)

Obviously can't guess accurately because I haven't seen the movie, but based on reactions I've seen, I'm guessing both in mid-80's — with a lot of 90-100's on Metacritic brought down by people who can't look past the age gap?

Could be completely off base of course.

pynchonikon

Quote from: Lots of Bees on November 10, 2021, 02:16:41 AM
Any predictions from people who have seen it on MC and RT scores (not that those numbers really mean shit, but they do sway people to see/not see it)

Obviously can't guess accurately because I haven't seen the movie, but based on reactions I've seen, I'm guessing both in mid-80's — with a lot of 90-100's on Metacritic brought down by people who can't look past the age gap?

Could be completely off base of course.

It's still a bit early for that, but tomorrow the embargo of the awards pundits/predictors is about to lift, so maybe we will have a clearer picture then.

Yes

Haven't seen but I'd guess 84. Some of the meandering may be more detrimental than age gap difference.

itwasgood

Drenk

It's not the good thread for this, but:

DATA!

https://twitter.com/Ethan_Warren_/status/1458136023502884865

This is interesting, look at that Vice chart: it has longer shots than, say, Punch Drunk Love, a more "demonstrative" movie. I often read people complaining that PTA doesn't do wild, long takes anymore, which...isn't the case, actually. He's more PTA and less Scorsessy—but you can see what he was trying to aim at in the earlier movies, too.
Ascension.

wrongright

Quote from: Yes on November 10, 2021, 02:41:58 AM
Haven't seen but I'd guess 84. Some of the meandering may be more detrimental than age gap difference.

For RT? That would make it too low for Awards, only maybe a screenplay nomination (maybe even too low for MC as well). Have you started to see and accept the bigger picture?