The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie..

Started by CollinBullock, March 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

rustinglass

Imdb goof section of "the village" MAJOR SPOILERS

Miscellaneous: In the beginning of the story the tombstone of the Nicholson boy says 1890-1897 but later on when Ivy goes to the towns there is a truck, and other modern objects that did not exist at the time.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

I was selling popcorn at the movie theater last night.  this lawyer dude who came in a lot came out after 2046 and I asked him how it was, he was in a shitty mood and he was like "I need to watch it again, 'cause there was this asshole in front of me just hacking away (?) and several rows behind me was this guy snoring really fucking loud, and everyone looked the same, I just had no patience for it."  So I told him "but it was the best performance of my career!" But he was like too furious to even recognize what I just said to him.  After thinking about it five minutes later, I really should've just said "sir has anyone ever told you you look like Steven Seagal?"
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

Ha, that was a brilliant comeback!

I saw Days Of Being Wild yesterday and these guys behind me and my friend were tapping their feet loudly throughout it, and then when it was over, they of course promptly said "well THAT sucked" and started laughing, as if amused by the fact they had actually sat through the whole thing.

Which isn't like a good stupid line or anything...just frustrating.

modage

at the end of Constant Gardener i said "sequel!"  i guess you have to see it for it to be funny.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

waroftheworldsspoilers:

excuse me, sir, perhaps the woman was referring to the Tom-Cruise's-son-living-at-the-end part of the film's finale, as many people found this to be quite "far-fetched" considering it is seemingly impossible to escape a burst of fire as huge as the one that nearly consumes him

Figure 8

Quote from: GaramWoman 1: Alright!
Woman 2: Hey! What'd you just see?!
Woman 1: War of the Worlds!
Woman 2: Oh! Is it any good?!
Woman 1: Yeah! It's a little far fetched, but good!

I think the stupid thing about that was that War of the Worlds was really not good...

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Garam

Reinhold

in response to "i don't support blockbuster because they don't support independent artists.":

"yea, but they carry all that shit. dey got this one that i got there. Ong-Bak. it's about buddhism and everything. you're a guy. you like it. it's better than jackie chan."

then i said, "foreign is not the necessarily the same thing as independent"

and she said, "well they got shit there that ain't in english. it's better than jackie chan and everything."
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

JG

Quote from: Bethiewhich one of you wrote this?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38667

Quote"Not only does she think, for some unfathomable reason, that the presence of Jackie Chan makes the movie 'foreign,' but she makes the blanket statement that she hates foreign films—all of them," Lisowitz said.

this made me lol

cine

JG

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: JimmyGatorthis made me lol

hahahahaha

yes i said it

Gamblour.

This guy, who's pretty funny but kinda jealous that his girlfriend likes me more than him, is in one of my film classes. He said is top five was as follows:

Fight Club

Well I can't remember what else he said, but that's all you really need to know. He listed movies from Pulp Fiction onward (I believe PF was one of them). This is old hat by now, but I just kinda can't stand film majors who act like films started with Tarantino.
WWPTAD?