The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie..

Started by CollinBullock, March 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

Chest Rockwell

Yea but then she'd probably just say you misspelled insane.  :roll:

in·ane    ( P )  
adj. in·an·er, in·an·est
One that lacks sense or substance: interrupting with inane comments; angry with my inane roommate.
context, context, context.

Just Withnail

Quote from: cronopioin·ane    ( P )  
adj. in·an·er, in·an·est
One that lacks sense or substance: interrupting with inane comments; angry with my inane roommate.

Hah, I thought about doing that myself, but then it occured to me that it may actually be Chest who is commenting on the stupidity of the customer.

rustinglass

you mean the stupidity of the clerk, I thought pas was the costumer
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Quote from: ...& I
Quote from: cronopioin·ane    ( P )  
adj. in·an·er, in·an·est

Hah, I thought about doing that myself, but then it occured to me that it may actually be Chest who is commenting on the stupidity of the customer.

oh , see? this is why one should really pay attention to the emoticons.

classical gas

yeah, i went to dictionary.com to get the exact definition of inane and post it....but didn't...obviously.  but isn't the emoticon rolling it's eyes at the customer because they would be the type of person to say that he misspelled insane and not rolling it's eyes at pas?

Pas

I was obivously being sarcastic and now regret putting back this post alive

Just Withnail

I wrote a post to explain my stupidity in this thread, but decided not to contribute to the confusion.

cine

MacGuffin

Wasn't what someone said, but just a big  :?:  as to why this person did what they did:

I was at my local music store looking over the used dvds, and saw that someone had broken up the 3 disc Criterion set of "Brazil". They kept disc one (51.1), and discs two and three (51.2 and 51.3) were for sale ($12.99 each).  :yabbse-huh:

Someone (or maybe even the same somebody) had also broken up the Indiana Jones box and "Last Crusade" and the Bonus Features disc were for sale.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

in my film class, this kid said that the only way clockwork orange could be enjoyed was on drugs.

i hate people who say things like that about movies they don't understand
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

hedwig

Quote from: ddiggler6280in my film class, this kid said that the only way clockwork orange could be enjoyed was on drugs.

I've heard people say this about The Wall and Waking Life. I've never done drugs and I loved both those movies so it sort, sort of, sort of makes me a tad curious.

El Duderino

Quote from: ddiggler6280in my film class, this kid said that the only way clockwork orange could be enjoyed was on drugs.

i've heard people say that about Fear and Loathing aswell
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a favorite among junkies, at least from the ones I know.