Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: Slobh
Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: SlobhShe read the lining on her hands

that is what I thought but how can you tell how much time has passed?

You can't because you aren't a samurai

shit, anyone here that can?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

brockly

Quote from: SlobhBill is clearly a terrible person who does terrible things, thus he is a disgrace to the clearly good-natured Hattori

cheers  :wink:

Quote from: Slobh
Quote from: SlobhShe read the lining on her hands

that is what I thought but how can you tell how much time has passed?

You can't because you aren't a samurai

shit, anyone here that can?

samurais don't post on forums.

brockly

another thing i don't get. bill says "there ain't a trace of sadism in my actions" or something along those lines in the opening scene. if there wasn't, why would he let the viper beat the fuck out (torture) the bride before killing her?

has it got something to do with him believing that the bride got what she deserved?

Sleuth

He was just saying is all.
I like to hug dogs

classical gas

okay, i didn't bother reading through the whole thread....it is long...so, is bill uma's husband?  i couldn't figure that out when i watched it.  great flick, by the way, pure exploitation.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

brockly

Quote from: SlobhHe was just saying is all.

people don't say things for no reason in a tarantino film....... wait a minute -

ElPandaRoyal

Bill says he isn't sadistic.... then he says that's him on his most masochistic. He's telling her that it hurts him that he has to kill her.
Si

Banky

i think my favorite part in in KB is the close up on Bud at the end

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumBill says he isn't sadistic.... then he says that's him on his most masochistic. He's telling her that it hurts him that he has to kill her.

There's nothing like a little Tarantino S&M...

neatahwanta

Quote from: SlobhYou can't because you aren't a samurai

Quote from: Brock Landerssamurais don't post on forums.

:lol:  Exactly.

brockly

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumBill says he isn't sadistic.... then he says that's him on his most masochistic. He's telling her that it hurts him that he has to kill her.

i would call having the bride watch all her friends die then getting the crap beaten out of her before being shot in the head sadistic. if it hurt him to kill her, why didn't he just shoot her straight up?

Cecil

Quote from: Brock Landersif it hurt him to kill her, why didn't he just shoot her straight up?

because hes being masochistic

basically, it was just a cool way of saying "this hurts me more than it hurts you, kid"

brockly

tarantino interview: http://www.sbs.com.au/movieshow/interviews.php3

page will be changed in a week or so, so here's a link to the file itself:

not that great, but okay.

i'll try and get around to uploading the one that was on triple j. that was much better.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Cecil
Quote from: Brock Landersif it hurt him to kill her, why didn't he just shoot her straight up?

because hes being masochistic

basically, it was just a cool way of saying "this hurts me more than it hurts you, kid"

Yeah, that's it. Of course he was beeing sadistic, and that's why he asked The Bride if shethought he was beeing sadistic. And by saying he wasn't, he was just trying to find a reason to explain his own acts. That's what "this hurts me more than it hurts you, kid" means, whenever you hear this.
Si