Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanDo you mean that the Japan part should have been spread to the rest of the movie?

Yes. To be delved even more.

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanAnd if you thought Tarantino is at his creative best in the Japan part, don't you mean the action

Actually, the addition would be less action. I'd like Tarantino bring his storytelling entirely to Japan because it explodes with so much more fire than the characters in USA. The Japan part is basically a big build up to a fight, its just that this is so good that I'd the more natural storytelling also be here for the characters in Japan because they are more interesting. Tarantino feels closer to the genre here and because of it, more in love with the environment. I'd like to have seen that love extended.

SHAFTR

GT, you are a huge fan of genres.  Although Kill Bill is a homage to a particular genre, I think that it transcends that genre and becomes something else, something that doesn't exactly fit neatly inside a category.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetActually, the addition would be less action.

You're hurting my head.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI'd like Tarantino bring his storytelling entirely to Japan because it explodes with so much more fire than the characters in USA.

Okay so now you want more explosions?

But seriously. Don't you think the action helps the Japan story? Doesn't that make it exciting?

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI'd the more natural storytelling also be here for the characters in Japan because they are more interesting.

Natural storytelling as in character development, fight scene, character development, fight scene, character development, fight scene? This movie would bore me if it was that conventional.

coffeebeetle

:lol:

I'm trying to figure out which one is Mathau (sp?) and which is Lemmon...cuz you two sure sound like grumpy old men.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanYou're hurting my head.

You're hurting mine with bad assumptions.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI'd like Tarantino bring his storytelling entirely to Japan because it explodes with so much more fire than the characters in USA.

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanDon't you think the action helps the Japan story? Doesn't that make it exciting?

Yes, but it isn't everything. I'm talking about the color of the characters being delved into more.

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanNatural storytelling as in character development, fight scene, character development, fight scene, character development, fight scene? This movie would bore me if it was that conventional.

Who says the addition of more natural storytelling has to result with that? The characters in Japan are so good and so colorful with this genre that I would have like to seen additonal story for them. It doesn't mean necessarily having that result at all.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanYou're hurting my head.

You're hurting mine with bad assumptions.

Now you're hurting me where it counts.  :cry:

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWho says the addition of more natural storytelling has to result with that?

I think I understand what you mean by more storytelling, but what do you mean by natural storytelling? Really, what does that mean?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI think I understand what you mean by more storytelling, but what do you mean by natural storytelling? Really, what does that mean?

Well, for Tarantino, I'm guessing interaction of characters and development of a story more. The effect of just build up in Japan is nice for the action and all, but it is sad because that is all the Japan part seems to rest on. A larger story would have made the final action sequences more effective.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetA larger story would have made the final action sequences more effective.

Maybe your complaint is really with the fact that this is two volumes. How can you expect a large story with half of the movie?

Kal

I just want to see the rest of the story before thinking that way... I'm really satisfied with the first part... it has some things missing that I'm sure we'll see in the 2nd volume...

Finn

I'm really shocked that Kill Bill has already left theaters where I live. Matrix opened and knocked out 5 different movies! And Revolutions sucked anyway!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Sleuth

KILL BILL SHOULD NEVER LEAVE THEATERS WHEN WILL PEOPLE STOP BEING STUPID
I like to hug dogs

cine

How about losing Mystic River after 2 weeks? This is a Famous Players too and it was STILL gone in half a month. Kill Bill will be leaving next week. :(

Finn

Run out and see again while you have the chance. I got to see Kill Bill for the second time last weekend and it was the last weekend that it showed. Besides, it may be a long time for the DVD!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: SydneyBesides, it may be a long time for the DVD!
Calm yourself, Vol. 1 will surely be out before February when we get the rest of the movie.

Recce

Ffunny story about Bill's sword. I saw David Carradine on Craig Kilborn and he was saying that they had a special sword for Bill with the devil emblem carved on the sword itself. However, before shooting started, it was stolen, so they had to use a sword without the emblem in the actual film. Wish I had stolen it. Although, its probly for sale on eBay by now.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")