Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Sigur Rós

Stefen

Quote from: thooor on September 02, 2007, 09:25:50 PM
Quote from: Stefen on September 02, 2007, 09:03:24 PM
She's got a beard.

Just hit it from behind Stefen!

Genius!

This is why you're teh brainz and I'm the braun.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

that picture disturbs me. and the album bores me.

don't know which is worse.
under the paving stones.

last days of gerry the elephant

Soko, a 2 piece french band. I'll Kill Her is the prime of this little EP. The main vocalist sings about a 'bitch blonde girl' that stole her ex-boyfriend away for good. Very mellow with the trendy flair of perfunctory female vocals laid over a simple melody.

Pubrick

shut the fuck up. i was JUST looking at their/her(?) myspace a few hours ago cos i heard a live version of that song where she's on about feeling like a whore.. never heard of this duo/chick(? page gave the impression of just a broad) until tonite and now you come out with this NP crapola, shut the fuck up!

s'alrite i guess. beats fucked up transvestites.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Heres a link to it for anyone who wants it.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3683849

Can we get in trouble for posting these links or uploading whole albums and posting them? I'd sure like to do that and always upload albums for people privately. Will the RIAA come knocking on my door if I upload something?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

wow.  i'm pretty sure RK and a few others were all over their last lp, which i gave a listen or two and couldn't get into.  but this one has been instantaneous.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I just saw them in Albuquerque on Thursday night. AWFUL, AWFUL SHOW.

I then found out it was the first show of the tour, so they were probably a little rusty.

last days of gerry the elephant

In this boring holiday that is today I decided to listen to some more mellow music and thus downloaded the new Sea and Cake album 'Everybody'... and... it's so fucking good. This is my new favorite album by them, with more complex song arrangements and blissful synthesizer jabs. This sound is comparable to French band Phoenix (more chill out though, think North), and anything that sounds like Phoenix is definitely worth checking out. The track Lightning reminded me of another band 'Hail Social' (but to be honest, aside from a couple of tracks, Hail Social is nothing special, yet). Anyway, this goes up *way up* on my 2007 list, for whatever that's worth.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: overmeunderyou on September 03, 2007, 10:15:42 AM
Soko, a 2 piece french band. I'll Kill Her is the prime of this little EP. The main vocalist sings about a 'bitch blonde girl' that stole her ex-boyfriend away for good. Very mellow with the trendy flair of perfunctory female vocals laid over a simple melody.

People are going crazy over her in Denmark. It was actually a Danish radio-show that started hyping her....two of the songs on her MySpace profile is recordings from that show.... I don't really see what all the fuzz is about...

Stefen

Quote from: I Love a Magician on September 03, 2007, 03:01:06 PM
what do you like stefan

What do you mean? Are you trying to say I don't like anything? I just don't buy hype.

My favorite album of the year so far is The Fiery Furnaces - Widow City. Check my top 10 so far of the year.

Stefen

Bill Bruford is a god. Starless is one of the only songs that has ever given me a musical orgasm. Listen to the whole thing with headphones on.

modage

just to follow up i practically have not stopped listening to the Okkervil River album since i posted it here.  i am OBSESSED.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on September 04, 2007, 01:55:50 PM
just to follow up i practically have no stopped listening to the Okkervil River album since i posted it here.  i am OBSESSED.

I downloaded it a couple months ago and wore it out then when it was officially released, went and bought it on vinyl (highly suggested since it comes with a link to download the MP3s legally for free) and now I can't stop listening to it again.

Still my favorite band to see live here in Austin (Stefen, either they had the worst show ever or you have awful taste).

A few months before the album leaked, they did a show at the Hogg Auditorium at UT with an orchestra and it was AMAZING.  I can't get over how great the strings version of For Real was.

Mod, have you gone back to listen to Black Sheep Boy yet?  I love Stage Names, but BSB is definitely the better of the two.