Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

I Love a Magician

Quote from: modage on September 09, 2007, 06:40:41 PMRK, have you heard the solo demos for TSN?  and do you have the emusic bonus track Love To A Monster? i didn't realize it was a bonus track until just a few min ago and may actually be my 2nd favorite song on the album.

get their "overboard and down" ep, it's got that song and an awesome cover of big star's "o dana"

NEON MERCURY

mogwai

Fernando

King Crimson - Discipline

I saw yesterday Adrian Belew which played the guitar with KC, right now he's playing with two siblings, Eric Slick on drums and Julie on bass, 20 and 21 years old respectibly, both are amazing players and Eric at 20 has already played with many musicians such as Napoleon Murphy Brock, Ike Willis, Jon Anderson of Yes, Eddie Vedder, Adrian Belew, Mike Keneally, Ween and some others.

Stefen

Awesome. I've been in a huge King Crimson phase the last couple weeks.

Haven't heard this one yet, it's going to be my next one.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Stefen

Josh Homme's guitar when its tuned to low C is the musical equivalent of a chocolate sundae with sprinkles on top. A fucking treat. Demon Cleaner has such a sweet groove going on and Asteroid is the PERFECT opener.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

john

Springsteen, Crimson, Homme, and Scud Mountain Boys....

I'm glad you motherfuckers know how to bring the rock.

Incidentally, got my Springsteen tickets yesterday... it's the first stadium show in a long, long time I'm excited about.

Alright Scud Mountain Boys might not, offically, be "the rock"... but it's quite good regardless.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

tpfkabi

the G Funk holy trinity...

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

mogwai

Stefen

That Warren G album is really good. It's the only album out of those three that doesn't sound cheezy now.

Neil

Quote from: Stefen on September 13, 2007, 08:26:01 PM
That Warren G album is really good. It's the only album out of those three that doesn't sound cheezy now.

you cannot be serious? i never thought of those as dated, that's snoops prime...interesting...

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Stefen

Well, their dated to me. As an adult, I can't take those early death row albums seriously.

mogwai

Quote from: Stefen on September 14, 2007, 08:45:22 AMAs an adult, I can't take those early death row albums seriously.

i can take em seriously, fo 100%! it's because the rest is godawful shite!

i believe certain things follow the same pattern. wu-tang's first album is a classic, the follow-up (excluding "triumph") is horse shit. um, how about that analogy? :yabbse-grin:

tpfkabi

Quote from: Stefen on September 13, 2007, 08:26:01 PM

i see what you're saying. it could come out today for the most part, while the others definitely have tracks that are tied to the early 90's. i think all those singles would still blow up if released today though. these are pretty much all the rap albums i own. i got them out after seeing The Onion mention Dre's 2001 (which i don't have) and have been reading up on Warren G. i remember buying Regulate and then not hearing anything for a few years. then i saw the I Shot the Sheriff video and wasn't impressed. he released an album on an independant label pretty recent and the clips on Barnes and Noble sound pretty good. i'll pick it up used if possible. cover looks dope, too:

Warren also doesn't demean women and talk about murdering much - more about smoking weed and good times - as far as the album Regulate goes (all i've heard). he only gets violent after 'the took my ring, they took my Rolex...' and that might have been Nate Dogg....i'll have to listen more carefully.
:yabbse-smiley:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.