I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02do you know what the deal on this is. i was going to buy it, but this was supposed to originally be a 2 disc version, and now there's gonna be a more extras one coming out later this year.  and now i'm confused.  are you gonna re-buy it if/when another one comes out, or are you satisfied with this version?

This is the US version of the film. The rumor is that the 2-disc (maybe in October) will have the Director's Cut and European Version (the Dario Argento cut). But even if all of what is included here is double-dipped, at $13 it's not that big a deal to buy.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/dawnofthedeaddivimax.html
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

samsong

happy birthday to me... despite the fact that my birthday is on the same day as Stanley Kubrick's death (March 7th), I got a shitload of cash.  This is what (approx.) $150 got me.  There's (much) more to come, but these will keep me busy for now.

and I ordered this:

godardian

What a great batch, samsong! All treats (except Schindler's List, which is a trick).

Must be the Rosemary's Baby that's got me putting things in Halloween terms...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

cine

meatwad

cine

Quote from: meatwadStrangers With Candy
I've heard only little about that show, meatwad. I'm assuming they're funny, as I'm aware of the Strangers With Candy movie being released. I love Colbert from the Daily Show -- I'm a huge fan of the Kids in the Hall, Monty Python, and SCTV (a tv series that no one on Xixax seems to care about), so is this worth getting for me?

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

godardian

Quote from: meatwadStrangers w/ Candy vols 1 and 2

These, my friend, are a DVD investment. Many hours of repeat viewing will be the payoff...

Anyone interested in salivating over upcoming season 3 release or talking about the movie should join us in the Strangers w/ Candy thread (in Everything Else Cinema).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

meatwad

Quote from: Cinephileso is this worth getting for me?

yes. I have been a huge fan of David Sedaris for a while, and through him i heard about Amy. Then i bought Wigfield, which was written by Amy, Colbert and Dinello. It is a great read, so i wanted to buy these next. They have been on my list, but like i'm sure most of you know, other things come out, and you end up with little money. Then they showed a repeat episode on comedy central the other day, the one with the blind football player, and i went directly from there and bought it.

I have not had time to watch them though. But just from watching that one episode, i can say this is worth getting

Chest Rockwell

None of them has inserts! Is this the new trend now?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Chest RockwellNone of them has inserts! Is this the new trend now?

Quote from: Many times, MacGuffinHere's the rule:

Focus Features (Swimming Pool, Far From Heaven, etc.) & Lion's Gate (Cabin Fever, Monster's Ball, etc. - they put the chapter listing on the back cover) = No Inserts

So no one should be surprised when "21 Grams" doesn't have an insert.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

Quote from: godardianAll treats (except Schindler's List, which is a trick).

to be halloweenish along with you, i give that a nice big BOO...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

samsong