I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

nix

Too lazy to paste covers but:

Throne of Blood, Loves of a Blonde, Down by Law, Stranger Than Paradise, Rain Man, Contempt.

I looked everywhere for Blow Up but my whole town seems to be out. Tower and Borders never recieved their shipments, DVD planet is out of stock, and amazon say's it ships in two to four weeks. Whatthufuck?
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

cine

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeDon't everybody jump on it at once, but: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001EFU7I/104-9040661-0239109?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Do you or anybody else have info on this box set? It's obviously an error on Amazon.com's part as Canada's amazon doesn't have that mistake. Where's some info on this box set though??

SHAFTR

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeDon't everybody jump on it at once, but: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001EFU7I/104-9040661-0239109?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Do you or anybody else have info on this box set? It's obviously an error on Amazon.com's part as Canada's amazon doesn't have that mistake. Where's some info on this box set though??

# The Beloved Rogue
# The Birth of a Nation
# Cabinet Of Dr Caligari
# Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
# The General
# The Hunchback of Notre Dame
# Intolerance
# Metropolis
# Nosferatu, The Vampire
# Orphans of the Storm
# The Phantom of the Opera
# The Battleship Potemkin

It's obviously a huge error, I'm sure they'll catch it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

hmm.. i wonder what the transfers are like on these bastards?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

RegularKarate

I just ordered it.  We'll see, so far, it looks like it's going through.  

If they catch the mistake, they'll have to notify me in order to up the price, at which point I'll just say "no thank you".

Pedro

orderrrred

yeah, i hope the transfers are good

Find Your Magali

Too funny. I have a few of those films, but you can't beat the price.

Notice that it's the No. 1 selling DVD on amazon.com? Ouch.

modage

Quote from: RegularKarateI just ordered it.  We'll see, so far, it looks like it's going through.  

If they catch the mistake, they'll have to notify me in order to up the price, at which point I'll just say "no thank you".
haha me too.  i couldnt resist.  the part i like best is how it actually says 93% off.  hahah.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Find Your Magali

Why do I feel like the joke is going to be on us, though? We're all going to have this oversized $6 box sitting on our shelves, gathering dust, because we either have alternate versions of the films we like the most and/or we don't find the transfers to be acceptable...  :(

Sleuth

It's their error.  They mixed up the "price" and "you save" fields

Save the page as proof, just in case
I like to hug dogs

cine

Quote from: Find Your MagaliWhy do I feel like the joke is going to be on us, though? We're all going to have this oversized $6 box sitting on our shelves, gathering dust, because we either have alternate versions of the films we like the most and/or we don't find the transfers to be acceptable...  :(
Yeah, this is why I'm not ordering it from Amazon.com (and having it ship to Canada). The majority of those are available from Kino in definitive prints. Potemkin will be released within a year by Criterion under Eisenstein's Silent Film box set.

modage

RegularKarate

not only is the price screwed up, but the release date too.

The main page (and Barnes and Nobles, whose price is 80.99) have it releasing 2/24/04.  

When I ordered it, it estimated a ship date of March 26th.
seems like they would have caught on by now.

NEON MERCURY