Spider-Man 2

Started by MacGuffin, July 21, 2003, 10:19:46 AM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Hmm, I really don't care much about seeing this.  I thought the first one was pretty good, but am I the only one that feels Doc Ock is a terrible and stupid villain?
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

MacGuffin

San Diego Comic Con: Of all the presentations and early footage at the SDCC this year, none topped the end of the Sony panel. Producer Sam Raimi was in bed with fever, but Producers Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad & actor Alfred Molina who were on hand to introduce the brand new poster art for the Dr. Octopus villain character. The video & artwork all read 'Spiderman 2' so no final title yet.

The footage looks like something out of a hardcore R-rated sci-fi/horror film rather than a PG-13 action epic. The clip is set after the 'industrial accident' in which the tentacles have become infused into an unconscious Ock's verterbrae - hospital sheets are drapped over these giant unmoving tentacles easily about the size if not bigger than an Anaconda each. As one of the doctors is about to saw off one of them, he senses a movement, and turns...nothing. He starts again and this time hears something, turns around only to see the claws have come to life. From then on its like something out of Evil Dead, doctors and nurses are picked up like rag dolls and thrown through and against walls, screaming, the claws gripping into them and throwing them around - its cut fast and intense and by the end all of the staff is seemingly dead - either crushed to death or limbs seemingly severed. Some very Raimi-esque bits here including a chainsaw gag as one of the struggling doctors tries to cut off an arm, a POV tentacle shot which is very Evil Dead-esque, and so on. Then one of the tentacles almost lovingly nudges Ock awake and takes off the blindfold, he stands and screams "NO!" as the claws flex.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

cool. doc oc looks too slim, though

Sleuth

Quote from: tremoloslothHmm, I really don't care much about seeing this.  I thought the first one was pretty good, but am I the only one that feels Doc Ock is a terrible and stupid villain?

Quote from: MacGuffinThe footage looks like something out of a hardcore R-rated sci-fi/horror film rather than a PG-13 action epic. The clip is set after the 'industrial accident' in which the tentacles have become infused into an unconscious Ock's verterbrae - hospital sheets are drapped over these giant unmoving tentacles easily about the size if not bigger than an Anaconda each. As one of the doctors is about to saw off one of them, he senses a movement, and turns...nothing. He starts again and this time hears something, turns around only to see the claws have come to life. From then on its like something out of Evil Dead, doctors and nurses are picked up like rag dolls and thrown through and against walls, screaming, the claws gripping into them and throwing them around - its cut fast and intense and by the end all of the staff is seemingly dead - either crushed to death or limbs seemingly severed. Some very Raimi-esque bits here including a chainsaw gag as one of the struggling doctors tries to cut off an arm, a POV tentacle shot which is very Evil Dead-esque, and so on. Then one of the tentacles almost lovingly nudges Ock awake and takes off the blindfold, he stands and screams "NO!" as the claws flex.

Nevermind
I like to hug dogs

modage

i cant wait for this movie.  and from the "buzz" it will be better than the first one.  if it can make the first one look like x2 made x-men look, i will be very very happy.  theres no reason why it cant be better and more interesting.  they have the budget, time, resources, creativity behind it.  i've really been more excited about this than any of the other superhero flicks this year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

i didnt like spiderman.  felt like i was watchin power rangers.  perhaps i'll give it another try tho.

modage

the only scene i really felt like that was on the rooftop when goblin drops off spiderman.  that scene did not work at all for me.  too costume-y, to be performing through masks like that and deliver all that dialogue. but the rest of it, i loved.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02but the rest of it, i loved.

Even the time out for the Macy Gray video?

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

that too i hated.  "Ladies and gentlemen, MACY GRAY!" what the fuck is this? and every other time they squeezed in some pop song for 10 seconds to sell the soundtrack. and the hideous "hero" anthem over the end credits.  and the fact danny elfman didnt do a recognizable theme for spidey, and whenever the special effects werent convincing, and the color of kirsten dunsts wig that was terrible.  but, OTHER THAN THAT, i loved it.

phil marlowe

can't wait to hear the tagline.

and on a side note i think many of you've misunderstood the greatness of superhero flicks, the shoudn't be watched sober. willem dafoe villian laugh just kills me, soo funny.

Sigur Rós

The first Spiderman was crap! If you've red some of the first Spiderman comics you would know that. They changed the hole storyline and made it into a teenmovie!!!!! arghh!!

Sleuth

Well I liked it...and why are you quoting Slipknot
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: Sigur RósThe first Spiderman was crap! If you've red some of the first Spiderman comics you would know that. They changed the hole storyline and made it into a teenmovie!!!!! arghh!!

i've you'd have read some of the comics, you'd know.  spiderman IS A TEENAGER.  what sort of movie should they have made?  he is the first superhero made to be just like his readers:  a nerdy teenager, who has normal problems just like anybody else.  cant get the girl, trouble at school, etc.  THATS what spiderman is.  i thought it totally captured the spirit of the early comics.