Spider-Man 2

Started by MacGuffin, July 21, 2003, 10:19:46 AM

Redlum

Loved this so much. What a great movie. I hear ya about the "freeze frame". Saw a kid in a spiderman outfit on my way out, walking with his dad back to the car park, and the sincerity of some the more sentimental speeches shone through to me. All that stuff about Heroes, responsibility, courage - thats great, innocent stuff. Can't wait to see it again.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Derek

Right up there with the original Batman as probably the best super-hero movie so far. Molina really brought a lot to this one, the first villian in a long time that actually felt dangerous.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Just Withnail

Quote from: Derekfirst villian in a long time that actually felt dangerous.

Yeah, in both of his minutes on screen.

SiliasRuby

DVD Release
Source: www.davisdvd.com
Release Date: November 19.
This will be the first version of this Film as Raimi as said that another extended release of Spiderman 2 called Spiderman 2.5 will be out later on.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

yahoo news

Sony taking its time to spin Spidey on DVD

Sony is taking a DVD gamble with its biggest movie of the year.

Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment is releasing "Spider-Man 2" to DVD on Nov. 30. Date is a month later than the release of the original, back in 2002.

Last time around, CTHE shipped millions more than actually sold, a problem that could be curbed this time with the new strategy.

Sked move also allows "Seinfeld" to receive more attention, as the series DVD set will be released just before the Thanksgiving holiday.

The original "Spider-Man" went on to generate nearly $400 million in consumer spending on the purchase and rental of the homevideo release -- about what the pic generated in its domestic theatrical release.

"Spider-Man 2" has grossed a somewhat-smaller $361 million in U.S. theaters so far, but the difference, unit topper Ben Feingold says, is not enough to cause a decline in the video revenue. He notes that the number of homes with DVD players has grown by 50% since the original was released two years ago. More than 4.5 million copies of the original were sold on VHS.

CTHE is also offering a two-pack with DVDs of both movies (SRP $39.95).

Pic will also be offered simultaneously in CTHE's proprietary Superbit format with superior picture quality but no bonus features.

Feingold says that the "Seinfeld" release is not affecting the release strategy for "Spider-Man 2."

CTHE will load up the first DVD edition of "Spider-Man 2" with 10 hours' worth of bonus features and commentaries.

Ravi

I'd wait for the 3 disc Deluxe Edition.

mogwai

Title: Spider-Man 2
Starring: Tobey Maguire
Released: 30th November 2004
SRP: $29.96 (2-Disc)

Further Details
We've now managed to obtain further details on Spider-Man 2 which stars Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and Alfred Molina. As we have already reported, the film will be available to own from the 30th November this year. What we hadn't already reported is that it will be available in five seperate editions - a standard two-disc set (in seperate widescreen and full screen editions), a Superbit edition (complete with a DTS track), a double-pack containing the first and second films and finally a limited edition giftset. The giftset will include the two-disc edition along with a new miniature reproduction of The Amazing Spider-Man #50 comic book (in which Peter Parker decides to give up his alter ego) five postcards and a twenty-five page portfolio featuring well-known comic book artists' works inspired by the film. The retail price for this will be around $49.95. We've attached the full specs for the standard release below, along with the artwork.

Disc One

2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Track
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Track
English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
French Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
Audio Commentary with Director, Producer, Co-Producer and Tobey Maguire
Audio Commentary with SFX Designer John Dykstra and the Effects Team
Spidey Sense 2 Trivia Track with "Pop Up" Facts
Four Web-i-sodes (Original Online Featurettes)
Train "Ordinary" Music Video
Spider-Man 2 Blooper Reel
Multiple Trailers and Previews

Disc Two

Making the Amazing: 12-Part Production to Premiere Documentary
Hero in Crisis: A Look into Peter Parker's Personal Battles
Eight Arms to Hold You: Doc Ock from Comics to the Big Screen
The Women of Spider-Man: A Look into the Lives of Mary Jane, Aunt May etc
Enter the Web: Multi-Angle Look at the Pier Sequence
Art Gallery: A Collection of Alex Ross Paintings
A Behind the Scenes Look at the Spider-Man 2 Game
English, French and Spanish Subtitles
Weblink to the Official Spider-Man 2 Website
Easter Egg: Doc Ock Sings "If I Was a Rich Man"

dvd covers

matt35mm

I don't know why I expected the DVD covers to be better than the first one.  Probably just because the movie was.

The Gift Set looks nice, though, I think.  The regular edition just looks so... yellow.

Thanks for the link.

MacGuffin

Director Raimi To Film New Scenes for 'Spider-Man 2.5'

Not only does Sony plan to release the Spider-Man 2 DVD in November, but it also plans to release Spider-Man 2.5, with additional action and effects scenes next year, director Sam Raimi has told the website IGN.com. It is really not a matter of his wanting to release a director's extended cut of the film, Raimi indicated. "Sony said to me, 'We want to release a 2.5,' because they want to make more money. It's not really that I had some scenes to put in. The movie really was the best I could make it. It's not like I think I could make it better." Asked why the studio is waiting until next year to release the extended version, Raimi responded: "It's just a financial decision by the studio. They know that people who liked the second movie would want to own it as it is on DVD, and then it's just a gamble. 'Oh, if we spend another four million dollars, can we make another ten million dollars?' I think that's how it works."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

modage

haha, sam raimi informing us that Rick Sands is now at Sony....
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

I appreciate Raimi's honesty.

Ghostboy

Quote from: RaviI appreciate Raimi's honesty.

I appreciate his honesty and his talent at making sequels that are better than the originals. I'll buy it.

matt35mm

I'm divided over which version to buy.  Which version do you all plan on buying (for those who plan to buy the movie)?

picolas

Quote from: matt35mmI'm divided over which version to buy.  Which version do you all plan on buying (for those who plan to buy the movie)?
I plan on buying hahaha.