Spider-Man 2

Started by MacGuffin, July 21, 2003, 10:19:46 AM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Sam Raimi Talks Spider-Man 2
Source: The Associated Press Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 director Sam Raimi talked to The Associated Press about the sequel...

While most sequels ratchet up the action, Raimi chose to ratchet up the moral and personal dilemmas and private quandaries that set "Spider-Man" apart from many Hollywood franchises and helped turn it into a $400 million mega-hit.

"The next one is going to seem a little smaller and more intimate. I hope people are not hoping it's bigger and better. Hopefully, they'll think it's smaller and better," Raimi said. "I really turned the film inward on the characters, and it seems like that's what the audience responded to in the first film. So we focused on developing the characters to the next level, and the actors have taken the performances, all of them, up a notch."

The sequel picks up two years after "Spider-Man," which ended with Peter turning his back on his great love, Mary Jane, realizing it was a sacrifice he had to make to travel the high road with his superpowers.

"In those two years, we see the weight of this decision upon Peter Parker," Raimi said. "It's a much tougher road than he ever thought. And the sacrifices he makes here are much more extreme than he ever thought.

"It's about the growth of a boy into a man. Really, a simple coming-of-age story. This boy just happens to be one bitten by a radioactive spider."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
seems great; smaller and better.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

That first pic is hilarious
I like to hug dogs

cine

Spiderman's a sadomasochist.

modage

Dunst Says Spider-Man 3 to Shoot Early 2005
Source: The Calgary Sun Thursday, March 18, 2004

Spider-Man 2 star Kirsten Dunst told The Calgary Sun that shooting on the third film may happen in early 2005...

"A minimum of three films was always the plan. I've never made any secret of that," says Dunst.

"We'll probably shoot Spider-Man 3 during the first three months of 2005. I'm so grateful to Spider-Man because it gave me an international profile."

Dunst says what she likes about the Spider-Man flicks — where she plays the superhero's love interest — is that "it's a small love story wrapped in a big movie."

As much as she enjoyed making the original film, Dunst is adamant that Spider-Man 2 "is a much better film and I had even more fun making it, so I can hardly wait to begin work on Spider-Man 3."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

New details emerge about ''Spider-Man 3.''
Source: EW

''Spider-Man 2'' hasn't swung into theaters yet, but Sony Pictures has already set a release date for ''Spider-Man 3'': May 7, 2007. Director Sam Raimi will return, along with stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, Sony Pictures exec Jeff Blake announced Wednesday at the ShoWest convention, according to Reuters. Blake added that ''Spider-Man 2'' is now scheduled to come out on Wed., June 30 -- two days earlier than originally planned.

The studio unveiled clips from the sequel for theater owners at ShoWest, including a scene in which Maguire's Peter Parker quits his Spidey career, Reuters reported. Also shown were sequences of Spider-Man fighting metal-armed villain Doc Ock (Alfred Molina) inside a subway car and on top of buildings. Fans impatient to see those clips for themselves will have to wait for April 9, when a new trailer for ''Spider-Man 2'' will hit theaters and the Internet. ''Spider-Man 4,'' however, still has no release date.

cine

Oh that's just GREAT!  Now we KNOW Spiderman wins!!! :yabbse-angry:

Kal

Apparently they all win now... $$$  :twisted:

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Oooh how dramatic!

Kal

Saw it during The Apprentice tonight... SO COOL...

El Duderino

yeah the trailer's pretty cool. but i'm pretty sure i hate JK Simmons.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Raikus

Nice. Doc Ock is going to rule. Just think--a Spider-Man movie without the cheeseball villian (a la Green Goblin). What's the deal with Harry's emphasis though? Think a return of the Green Goblin is in order for the 3rd installment?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Kal

Quote from: RaikusWhat's the deal with Harry's emphasis though? Think a return of the Green Goblin is in order for the 3rd installment?

When the first one ended I thought that Harry would be the villian in this one somehow... but as you said maybe they are preparing it for the 3rd one... although in this new trailer it seems like Harry is paying the guy to kill Spidey... who knows... this movie is gonna rock!