Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Bethie
Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
THE EXTERMINATING ANGEL (Buñuel, 1962) - shown in a new transfer on TCM preceded by Janus Films logo.

SIMON OF THE DESERT (Buñuel, 1965) - shown in a new transfer on TCM preceded by Janus Films logo.

They were on shown on TCM last week. I taped those two along with Los Olvidados, Nazarin, and Viridiana. Five Bunuel films in one day. Prettttty pretttty prettty good.

That's why someone needs to catch The Conformist in July on TCM to see if it is also preceded by the Janus Films logo. Would mean great things and odds are good it could be true.

Gold Trumpet

SiliasRuby

Oh, that is gorgeous. That really makes me want to Blind buy it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetCriterion's best cover yet?
under the paving stones.

Find Your Magali

Does anyone remember the site or thread that had fan-created covers for Criterion DVDs that will probably never be? I remember some PTAs, etc. ... Some of those were neat.

samsong

august releases posted... i'm underwhelmed.

modage

ARGH!  the bane of my existence!  if only they had released this two years ago.  did you know this was remade into a 1986 Nick Nolte film, "Down And Out In Beverly Hills"?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

those are the 3 best movies criterion has ever released.
under the paving stones.

Fjodor

Pubrick

The most Man underpraised Who classic Fell of To all Earth time ???!
under the paving stones.

Fjodor

Quote from: PubrickThe most Man underpraised Who classic Fell of To all Earth time ???!
it seems so, yes :)

Alethia

well that is most certainly good news.

cowboykurtis

where was that "new releases" list found?

are you sure that's accurate?

if so, I've been waiting for a good transfer of Man Who Fell... for  years now.

N Roeg's films are way to overlooked. I waited for Don't Look Now for years as well. I wish Criterion would do a better transfer - the current release is sub-par.
...your excuses are your own...

Ravi

soixante

Bad Timing has never even been released on video, as far as I know.  It is just as edgy as Roeg's other films.
Music is your best entertainment value.