Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

sickfins

to clarify, children

i believe the cover art you see on that site is the box and inside cover of the criterion 2 disc edition.  the single disc edition is not being released by criterion

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: sickfinsto clarify, children

i believe the cover art you see on that site is the box and inside cover of the criterion 2 disc edition.

Off what information? All signs point to different cover art on the inside cover.

Quote from: sickfinsthe single disc edition is not being released by criterion

That would make sense.

Orteous

A Matter Of Chance

now, who's gonna photoshop our old pal kevin into that?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I love the fact they're Criterionizing it, but the cover is slightly crappy... good thing it's reversible.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Julius Orange

Quote from: WalrusI love the fact they're Criterionizing it, but the cover is slightly crappy... good thing it's reversible.

Thanks for the summurization .

Thanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

Gold Trumpet

I don't believe that will be the final cover. It may be for the single disc, but its ominous that Criterion would release a dvd that advertised "Special Edition 2 Disc Set" at the bottom. I'm expecting this is a Paramount job of adding the Criterion label when Criterion hasn't had their say yet.

Pubrick

i think it's the end of criterion, and in effect ur life, as we know it.
under the paving stones.

analogzombie

Quote from: RegularKarateStrange... has Criterion ever done this before?  Released a one disc and a two disc?  I don't get why they would do that since they shoot for the ultimate version.

Buena Vista is releasing the one-disc. Criterion is putting out the 2 disc with their their moniker. So Criterion is only releasing the 2 disc.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Julius Orange
Quote from: WalrusI love the fact they're Criterionizing it, but the cover is slightly crappy... good thing it's reversible.

Thanks

My avatar kicks your avatar's ass.

Bring it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

dvdanswers.com

Touchstone Home Entertainment has sent over artwork for the Wes Anderson directed The Life Aquatic which stars Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Cate Blanchett, Anjelica Huston, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum and Michael Gambon. The film tells the story of internationally famous oceanographer Steve Zissou, who sets sail on an expedition to hunt down the mysterious, elusive, and quite possibly non-existant Jaguar Shark that killed Zissou's partner. The film will be available in both single and a double-disc Criterion edition from the 10th May. Extras on the single-disc will include director commentary on select scenes, deleted scenes with director commentary, interviews with cast and crew with behind-the-scenes footage and the original theatrical trailer. The two-disc Criterion edition will include all of the above features along with a video journal of the on-the-set intern, a video journal of Waris Ahluwalia (Vikram), Seu Jorge musical performances: The Songs of David Bowie and The Life Aquatic: A Movie - an Albert Maysles documentary. Completing the package will be cast and crew interviews, an interview with the screenwriters and Antonio Monda and an interview with composer Mark Mothersbaugh.

tpfkabi

glad Mothersbaugh gets some time. my dream is that they would do a doc on him following from the first ideas Anderson gives him to working up melodies/arrangements to getting a cut of the film and recording, etc.
too bad it's not just the Criterion, then the price would be cheaper. i think Tenenbaums was under $20.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Julius Orange

Quote from: Walrus
Quote from: Julius Orange

Thanks

My avatar kicks your avatar's ass.

Bring it.
I don't want to compete for their love

THanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

socketlevel

criterion dvds only really work when it's an older film, the beautiful thing is they give it the treatment that a contemporary film would get.  Restoring these old films is great.  i don't see the difference if the studio just released a two versions, a single disc and a double disc for the life aquatic.  this way, all we get is the life aquatic for a slightly increased price.

not really a deal.  mind you it's alway nice to have another criterion beside the rest.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...