Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

nomorecoffee

Drenk

It's not the 23th yet.
Ascension.

Alethia

What Drenk said. All good things to those who wait.

wilberfan

I knew I could count on you to wait.  :bravo:

Drill

QuoteThings are lining up smoothly for ever-reliable Paul Thomas Anderson for his technically Untitled Soggy Bottom. From the few that have seen a cut, early word is strong for Anderson's first ensemble driven-picture since 2000's Magnolia. Fun tidbits I hear is that its humor is more in the vein of Boogie Nights, it's rumored to possibly co-star the still unannounced Sean Penn, and off gut-alone, you should expect big things for Benny Safdie's co-lead role as Joel Wachs, who was a closeted gay politician in the 70s.

https://fantasticfilmfans.com/2021/08/21/predictions-index-best-picture/

Take with a grain of salt of course, but it does appear that it's been screened.

wilberfan

Good find.  Any time Boogie Nights or Magnolia is invoked, I tend to smile.  It does certainly make it sound like it's been screened for somebody.

wilberfan

Vaguely related to what we've been talking about.

'Spider-Man: No Way Home' Trailer Leaks on Social Media, Is Rapidly Taken Down

QuoteMarvel fans have expected that a trailer for "No Way Home" would surface this week as Sony is set to hold its annual presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Monday with sneak peek footage and new trailers from its upcoming films.

QuoteEven if a trailer is shown at CinemaCon, it would not necessarily mean a simultaneous release of the trailer to the public. Some trailers shown at the industry trade show include work-in-progress footage with unfinished CGI.

Drenk

Who's willing to leak our Soggy Bottom on Tik Tok? :shock:
Ascension.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Drenk on August 23, 2021, 03:55:13 AM
Who's willing to leak our Soggy Bottom on Tik Tok? :shock:

I'm not sure "Soggy Bottom" and "leak" should ever be used in the same sentence.

Same goes for "D.P."
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

wilberfan

Alethia

Happy Anniversary from the soggy bottom of my increasingly impatient heart

Nothing new but here go

and Hello Dolly:

Yes

The title is indeed "Soggy Bottom"

Rooty Poots

Quote from: eward on August 23, 2021, 01:28:21 PM

Funtastic Daycare sounds interesting; wonder who's the director behind that one.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

wilberfan

Homemade organic food, too.  Maybe that's why catering was vegan on this one. 🤔

pynchonikon

Quote from: Yes on August 23, 2021, 02:33:09 PM
The title is indeed "Soggy Bottom"

If a title like "Soggy Bottom" managed to stick, then it's pretty safe to assume that every working title he"ll be using fron now on 99,9% will be the final one.