Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Yes, trust me... When it came to our Soggy Bottom Observation Squad, he was the Joe Buck to my Ratso Rizzo.

DAPPLE

Ah! Was just about to post it! So this seems to confirm the release date which some might have been worried about, and the cast (I'm sure in order of star power but also, maybe, in order of screen time?) Bradley Cooper first, Benny Sadie second and Skyler Gisondo third. I wouldn't take this order at face value considering it's a press release designed to garner attention to the projet but still very interesting. And Benny coming in before Skyler which is already a more "established" actor (mainstream-wise at least) got my attention as well. All interesting stuff!

Drenk

Cooper and Alana are the lead actors.
Ascension.

Drenk

Cooper and Alana are the lead actors. They're just naming famous names.

The fact that it's still officially untitled is a joke at this point, though. He's either being precious or lazy.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I just edited my post and it created another one.
Ascension.

Yes

I'm surprised the press release didn't include Sean Penn

RudyBlatnoyd

Maybe Sean Penn's scenes have been cut from the final film? PTA doing a Terry Malick and excising famous actors from his final cut...

Very intrigued to find out what this movie actually is. I'm expecting something typically strange, unexpected and rewarding, of course.

Drenk

Maybe it will be rebranded as a Paul W.S Anderson movie.  :ponder:
Ascension.

PaulElroy35

So any predictions for when we might see a trailer. Anyone heard anything about the possibility  of one being released soon?

Heisenberg

Late September/early October at the latest

wilberfan

At this point I think it would be way more fun to just show up at the theater in late Nov/Dec--no teasers, no trailers, no stills, no press--and just see what we've been waiting for.  Cold.  With no preconceptions.  Just our own sweaty, fevered projections and suppositions.

Yes

Quote from: wilberfan on August 13, 2021, 04:16:39 PM
At this point I think it would be way more fun to just show up at the theater in late Nov/Dec--no teasers, no trailers, no stills, no press--and just see what we've been waiting for.  Cold.  With no preconceptions.  Just our own sweaty, fevered projections and suppositions.

Well that's never going to happen but you're welcome to ignore the marketing. I think a trailer might be out next week with MGM's Flag Day. Trailer is supposedly ready to go

WorldForgot

Serious question, cuz I've had it happen to me before with movies I'm anticipating (or something even projects in development-hell):

Any of y'all dreamt of Soggy Bottom?

wilberfan

Sure.  Often.  Especially for the several weeks following the wrap last November. One was about post-production.  Paul and several others came into the office where I worked to work on some stuff.  I remember being a little disturbed that none of them were wearing masks.  At one point they offered to show me the CGI footage they were working on.  :shock:

Alethia

I had a dream involving PTA a month or two ago but I can't recall if it was Soggy-specific or not.