Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Drill

No, it hasn't been posted. There should probably be a spoiler alert for the first video.

Yes

I don’t see PTA in that vid

Cooper is the one? He and Alana (girl chasing after him) are wearing different clothes than in those Bradley Cooper/truck photos and those exterior theater photos

Rumors/speculation this follows a day in the life/lives seem disproven now

wilberfan

Adam (Somner, 1st AD) in the green shirt and baseball cap in the first video.   There's a guy in a tan shirt holding a portable monitor--but it doesn't look like Paul to me.  (Perhaps a Camera Op?) The camera is clearly attached to the rear, drivers-side window in that shot.   I think that's Paul on the left in the 6th one (Grey T, white mask.)   

Astonishing to me that those were posted 3 months ago, and we haven't seen them yet.  Had they been more widely seen, I'd have predicted he'd have been asked to take them down by now.  (Wonder if we should take our link down?)

d

Somehow this is the most exciting behind-the-scenes video I have seen. Or maybe it's just because we are so close to the release, with all the anticipation for the trailer, festival speculations etc.

In the first video, isn't it Paul in the shade, grabbing the headphones? The one that Adam Somner joins at the end? I would expect Paul to be closer to action, more hands-on but never have been on the set myself and this is just one short clip shot from a distance.

Which makes me dream about the impossible (or is it?) - some proper making of on that or any future film. I understand the man does not like to explain his movies and doesn't care much about anything that does not contribute directly to the quality of the film and does not like to be distracted (who does?). But maybe he changed a little bit or was forced/persuaded with Phantom Thread to talk more about his process? If not about the story, characters, meanings, themes ect., he clearly enjoys talking about the technical staff, inspirations, even about working on set. I loved the short NYT video where he talked about the institute scene in Inherent Vice. Would love to see more in that vein, with some behind-the-scenes footage.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 08, 2021, 12:52:41 AMlet's try to steer away from personal insults territory.

Just deleted a post and had to edit something out the other day — both very clear-cut personal insults. Come on guys.

wilberfan

Quote from: d on August 10, 2021, 03:09:16 AM
In the first video, isn't it Paul in the shade, grabbing the headphones? The one that Adam Somner joins at the end?

Ah, yes.  I had trouble spotting him there. I'm pretty sure that's Michael Bauman (Mike's a big dude) standing behind him, looking over his shoulder at the monitor.

You can also see Paul in the 2nd video looking down at the portable monitor and wearing headphones as they move inside.

Tdog

Was there a Sue Mengers role rumoured for this? I see Jennifer Lawrence is developing a movie about her.

Alethia

Witnessed this day in person. I recall being waved at by one of the hippy girl extras and it was never clear if she was flirting with me or making fun of me.

Robyn

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Tdog on August 11, 2021, 06:04:00 AM
Was there a Sue Mengers role rumoured for this? I see Jennifer Lawrence is developing a movie about her.

There was talk of a role .

On Mary Elizabeth Ellis wiki page it says shes playing her but its wiki so anyone can add to that.

She did say she had filmed something for the film though that is true.

wilberfan

Quote from: eward on August 11, 2021, 08:20:22 AM
Witnessed this day in person. I recall being waved at by one of the hippy girl extras and it was never clear if she was flirting with me or making fun of me.

Dude. C'mon, it was obvious. She was clearly flirting with me and making fun of you.

Alethia

I could never admit that to myself!

jviness02

Always safe to assume she was making fun of you.

Alethia

Reel

Quote from: jviness02 on August 11, 2021, 10:06:58 AM
Always safe to assume she was making fun of you.

Then you haven't seen Eward