Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Drill on July 07, 2021, 09:01:26 AM
So it's still untitled. The dragged out reveal of a title he always seems to do now has become possibly his most annoying trait. Especially if/when it ends up being what it was always called.

To be fair do we need a title before we even have a poster or trailer?

Tdog

Well I guess we now know who the new movie will be dedicated to.
R.I.P Robert Downey Sr.

Alethia

He still hasn't dedicated a movie to PSH so I dunno bout that

wilberfan

Using Phil's son in Soggy might be the ultimate tribute.

Alethia

pynchonikon

It would be hopeful to think that he found a place of assurance to be funded and work on his stuff at least for the next few years...

Yes

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/07/steven-spielberg-movie-life-story

Isabelle Kusman who is in this has just been announced for the new Spielberg. She must have a breakout role or Spielberg has watched Soggy Bottom

Drenk

Or she's simply talented and—more importantly—well connected. :yabbse-grin:
Ascension.

wilberfan

I'll bet the up-and-comers are on several sets of radar early in their careers.  Certainly possible that Steven saw some footage, of course.

(One night on location I was able to see the monitor from "Zone C"--always a special treat.  I still have a vivid memory of a closeup of a beautiful young woman...Wonder if that was her?)

Drill

Quote from: Yes on July 14, 2021, 04:44:53 PM
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/07/steven-spielberg-movie-life-story

Isabelle Kusman who is in this has just been announced for the new Spielberg. She must have a breakout role or Spielberg has watched Soggy Bottom

This is from March 2020:
QuoteOur own Isabelle Kusman booked a lead role in a major motion picture TBA with a major studio TBA, with a major director, TBA!!! So exciting!

https://www.facebook.com/lemenstudio/photos/our-own-isabelle-kusman-booked-a-lead-role-in-a-major-motion-picture-tba-with-a-/2830549270324769/

PaulElroy35

Is there any info on this actress being in Soggy Bottom?

i cant see anything on google or IMDB

wilberfan

Oscars Predictions: Best Actor – Benedict Cumberbatch, Adam Driver and Andrew Garfield Could Juggle Multiple Projects for Awards

QuoteTOP-TIER AWARDS CONTENDERS:

Quote18. Cooper Hoffman
"Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project" (MGM/United Artists Releasing)†

DIRECTOR: Paul Thomas Anderson
SYNOPSIS: Set in 1970s San Fernando Valley, the film follows a high school student, who is also a successful child actor.
STARRING: Bradley Cooper, Cooper Hoffman, Alana Haim, Skyler Gisondo, Benny Safdie
† = no release date scheduled / could be delayed / may not be eligible

:ponder:

pynchonikon

Quote from: wilberfan on July 15, 2021, 10:13:04 PM
Oscars Predictions: Best Actor – Benedict Cumberbatch, Adam Driver and Andrew Garfield Could Juggle Multiple Projects for Awards

QuoteTOP-TIER AWARDS CONTENDERS:

Quote18. Cooper Hoffman
"Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project" (MGM/United Artists Releasing)†

DIRECTOR: Paul Thomas Anderson
SYNOPSIS: Set in 1970s San Fernando Valley, the film follows a high school student, who is also a successful child actor.
STARRING: Bradley Cooper, Cooper Hoffman, Alana Haim, Skyler Gisondo, Benny Safdie
† = no release date scheduled / could be delayed / may not be eligible

:ponder:

In their other articles the film isn't marked, so I think they imply Hoffman as a newcomer probably hasn't become a SAG member yet thus he isn't eligible for the awards season (I'm not entirely sure how this works, though).

PaulElroy35

Anyone heard any updates on the film recently?

Do you think it will be the same as some of his past films and we only get the trailer a couple months before release.?

Seems like we havent  had ANY updates at all for a while now. I cant handle the wait haha

Alma

Venice film festival line-up announces in a week, so we could hear something then?