Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Alethia

This here's the future. Streaming tells the truth.

wilberfan

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote from: eward on May 27, 2021, 12:38:50 PM
This here's the future. Streaming tells the truth.

You know, if the video bitrate is shit, and the audio bitrate is shit, then it must be SHIT!

Alethia

You're holding on too tight, Fuzzy.

Yes

https://twitter.com/TheGregoryE/status/1398345459589017600?s=20

We'll be getting footage and promo material via MGM in August

nomorecoffee

Tomorrow is Cannes' lineups announcement day....................I know there are practically zero chances but....................

jenkins

nope. I really appreciated when Hong Sangsoo was described as basically the epitome of the festival. some classic names and some new names in the bunch, frankly PTA might've won if he'd been in, and I don't mean to dismiss the others I mean to say everyone sounds rather equal. other festivals ahead, the release date remains the same regardless, and best wishes to you all

PaulElroy35

Looks like we will have to wait longer for the Trailer.

Do you guys think we will get some more Info on  the cast before a trailer gets released?

Drenk

Kind of relieved because I actually didn't feel like going to Cannes and failing to attend a screening.  :yabbse-grin:

The Sean Baker and Ducournau are the only movies that I'd love to see earlier; but everything will come at us very fast.
Ascension.

Alma

Thierry Fremaux says in an interview with Le Figaro that this is a long way from ready.

https://twitter.com/DestinationCan5/status/1400726038381006851/photo/1

Drenk

He follows up by saying that Hollywood is very focused on the Oscars and begins showing movies in the Fall, and that's they're scared of critics at Cannes. He's probably not being totally honest. But I'm glad they're not rushing things for Cannes, at least.
Ascension.

kingfan011

Can't translate what does he say about Anderson

wilberfan

QuoteTerrence Malick and Paul Thomas Anderson were also expected ...
I haven't heard from Malick. Paul Thomas Anderson is far from ready.
We talk to each other often, he is one of the greatest artists of his time. He came to Cannes in his younger years and I would like him to come back. But the American industry is obsessed with the Oscars. Cannes, as a showcase for world cinema, cannot be focused on an evening which takes place once a year in the United States and which is exclusively American. Hollywood is positioning itself in the fall for the Oscars campaign when these films would make hay in Cannes as works of art. Some of the American studios are also afraid of rubbing shoulders with a critical, demanding Cannes press. The rumor of Cannes is irreplaceable in creating legend. La Dolce Vita and L'Avven tura created chaos before finishing on the charts.

kingfan011

Quote from: wilberfan on June 04, 2021, 01:08:22 PM
QuoteTerrence Malick and Paul Thomas Anderson were also expected ...
I haven't heard from Malick. Paul Thomas Anderson is far from ready.
We talk to each other often, he is one of the greatest artists of his time. He came to Cannes in his younger years and I would like him to come back. But the American industry is obsessed with the Oscars. Cannes, as a showcase for world cinema, cannot be focused on an evening which takes place once a year in the United States and which is exclusively American. Hollywood is positioning itself in the fall for the Oscars campaign when these films would make hay in Cannes as works of art. Some of the American studios are also afraid of rubbing shoulders with a critical, demanding Cannes press. The rumor of Cannes is irreplaceable in creating legend. La Dolce Vita and L'Avven tura created chaos before finishing on the charts.

Thanks Wilber interesting far from ready. I guess he is taking his time tweaking it.

wilberfan

Well, I think post-production on most films takes about a year--and we were only 6 months in a couple of weeks ago, so "...far from ready..." doesn't surprise me at all.