Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

PaulElroy35

Quote from: wrongright on May 06, 2021, 12:39:22 AM
I think using the same pun as the Coen brothers is pretty lame. I just think of the Soggy Bottom boys.

To be fair the coens  werent the first to use it.

mickeywolfman

My first association with the title "Soggy Bottom" went to the film "Soggy Bottom USA" (1981)--premise being a sheriff tries to keep a chaotic town under control. Then of course there's the english definition of it for the underside of a wet pastry/baked good. And whether its the name of the show the child actor is in --idk.

But my best guess is that its some kind of an epithet for the Valley--the 'soggy bottom,' reservoir, underbelly, of Hollywood.

pynchonikon

Quote from: mickeywolfman on May 06, 2021, 11:32:50 AMBut my best guess is that its some kind of an epithet for the Valley--the 'soggy bottom,' reservoir, underbelly, of Hollywood.

I never thought of this interpretation until now, the man loves ambiguous titles that's for sure.

WorldForgot

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 21, 2021, 10:06:31 AM
Quote from: Mattbish19 on April 21, 2021, 07:28:21 AM
What makes people think sellar and lupi arent involved theres like nothing to say they arent ?

Do people just go of hear say and just spread that as factual news?

A couple people here visited the set quite a bit.

Quote from: Yes on May 06, 2021, 12:36:50 PM
Quote from: wilberfan on May 05, 2021, 07:30:52 PM
Quote from: Mattbish19 on May 05, 2021, 07:27:03 PM
Care to elaborate  pal

No, sir.

?????

To say the least, etc. Don't know how many times it will need to be emphasized that we are trying to respect the production by letting the rollout/release take the shape Paul + Ghoulardi Co. intend.

Alma

Quote from: mickeywolfman on May 06, 2021, 11:32:50 AM
But my best guess is that its some kind of an epithet for the Valley--the 'soggy bottom,' reservoir, underbelly, of Hollywood.

That's a cool idea. Wasn't there something to do with reservoir/water disputes and Joel Wachs?

I gotta say, I wish Soggy Bottom hadn't been the working title, I saw some sights I really didn't want to see when I was searching the hashtag on instagram when it was shooting.

Can't believe people weren't into Phantom Thread, imo that's his best title.

pynchonikon

Quote from: Alma on May 06, 2021, 01:53:08 PM
I gotta say, I wish Soggy Bottom hadn't been the working title, I saw some sights I really didn't want to see when I was searching the hashtag on instagram when it was shooting.

At last someone said it!   :yabbse-grin:

PaulElroy35

Quote from: WorldForgot on May 06, 2021, 12:52:11 PM
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 21, 2021, 10:06:31 AM
Quote from: Mattbish19 on April 21, 2021, 07:28:21 AM
What makes people think sellar and lupi arent involved theres like nothing to say they arent ?

Do people just go of hear say and just spread that as factual news?

A couple people here visited the set quite a bit.

Quote from: Yes on May 06, 2021, 12:36:50 PM
Quote from: wilberfan on May 05, 2021, 07:30:52 PM
Quote from: Mattbish19 on May 05, 2021, 07:27:03 PM
Care to elaborate  pal

No, sir.

?????

To say the least, etc. Don't know how many times it will need to be emphasized that we are trying to respect the production by letting the rollout/release take the shape Paul + Ghoulardi Co. intend.

of course we are just speculating here. i mean so are you, you dont work on the film do you?

wilberfan

Quote from: WorldForgot on May 06, 2021, 12:52:11 PM

Don't know how many times it will need to be emphasized that we are trying to respect the production by letting the rollout/release take the shape Paul + Ghoulardi Co. intend.

:bravo:  :yabbse-thumbup:

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Mattbish19 on May 06, 2021, 03:29:40 PMof course we are just speculating here. i mean so are you, you dont work on the film do you?

I understand your skepticism. I do. But I assure you these guys are not trolls. Wilberfan in particular could probably identify most of the crew with their masks on.

jenkins

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on May 06, 2021, 07:41:40 PM
Quote from: Mattbish19 on May 06, 2021, 03:29:40 PMof course we are just speculating here. i mean so are you, you dont work on the film do you?

I understand your skepticism. I do. But I assure you these guys are not trolls. Wilberfan in particular could probably identify most of the crew with their masks on.

hey im not thinking anyones a troll. All ive been doing is speculating like others have about the film. Is that not aloud now?

Tdog

Things sure took a turn over the last couple of pages

nomorecoffee

I think we should all do a zoom session to explain ourselves

wilberfan

I'm in. But only if I can do it in my car while driving.