Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Rooty Poots

Did the rumor originate from this very forum?
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

wilberfan

Quote from: Rooty Poots on August 24, 2021, 04:16:52 PM
Did the rumor originate from this very forum?

I posted (then deleted) this very thought...

Tdog

I've been noticing more and more recently that any article written about this movie tends to contain a bunch of speculative info that has come from this forum.

Find Your Magali

"I believe it's going to be an incredibly enjoyable film, whenever it drops."

There, they can quote me in their next piece.

Yes

Al Rose sitting back and laughing at chaos they created

Jeremy Blackman

I heard from a trusted source that Vincent Froio was spotted on set, as well as the original actor who played Eli Sunday (likely Paul's effort to make amends).

wilberfan

What's Up With Paul Thomas Anderson's New Movie? Even The Studio Doesn't Seem To Know

Quotewe have yet to learn what the title is, and we haven't seen a single frame. It's a touch frustrating – but now it more qualifies as weird, as evidently even the studio backing the movie doesn't seem to be wholly sure as to what's going on with it.

QuoteGiven the clout that Anderson has developed over the course of his impressive career, it doesn't seem totally impossible that he is keeping the studio at arm's length as he constructs his vision, and at this point isn't ready to share what he's working on.

Yes

Safe to say no teaser after all, eh

Drill

Slightly different quote..

Quote"We'll have more about the Paul Thomas Anderson film once he tells us what the title is," De Luca told the crowd, saying more on the film will be dropped in the future.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/no-time-to-die-mgm-cinemacon-reel-cyrano-thirteen-lives-1234820885/

wilberfan

That is a different read on it.

PaulElroy35

To be honest that statement from De Luca was clearly in jest. The head of MGM and someone with a previous history with Paul would have read the script or been told by PTA what the project was literally about before he started to film.

Seems Paul is doing what he has previously mentioned where he likes to hold off revealing anything about his film so its  more his thing than something that exists to the world.

It is pretty annoying that he still hasnt confirmed the title and or given us an official press release of the cast though. At this point im just going to expect a very late reveal of info about the film.

Drenk

He was being bitchy. :yabbse-grin:

They're not at war with each other, but the studio is clearly losing patience.
Ascension.

tomthiel57

What do you think De Luca means by "soon", one week; one month ?

Because I had a little hope for some kind of news at CinemaCon but now it seems to me that we are in the same situation as it was with Phantom Thread and that we will have a poster/teaser/ trailer at best at the end of september and more likely during october.

Drenk

"Soon" in show-business— or the entertainment business,—has no meaning whatsoever, it's just a placeholder. But since the movie will be released soon (in two months), promotion will therefore also appear soon.
Ascension.