Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

ono

Feh.  One of the least exciting pieces of cover art I've seen.  You'd think their trying to copy the major studios' humongous heads fetish in hopes of selling a few more copies.  Only problem is, it's not a famous head.

Gamblour.

I haven't been so impressed with their recent new cover art.
WWPTAD?

tpfkabi

is this all new artwork or something from the original artwork?
you would think Jules and Jim would be represented somehow.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: samsongJules and Jim coveart posted

me likes, me likes
You're not alone.
I think it's nice with its minimalist aesthetic. :-D
I give it a yabbse-thumbup
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

edison

They changed the original cover of Phoenix walking down a road to this junk

Gamblour.

Oh god....big head syndrome

I do like the font and the aged, worn photo look, but geez
WWPTAD?

ono

They're only doing that, of course, to sell a few more copies.  Only reason is to cash in on any Keanu Reeves (haha, hate to see the unassuming Matrix fanboy stumble on this) or River Phoenix fans (Are there still even such a thing?).  Anyway, it's shameful, but if it lets them put out a few more quality titles than normal, fine, whatever.  It would be interesting if they actually got some complaints about this, though I doubt it will make too much of a difference.

picolas

Florya Naoki

Too bad. The original was a lot better.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Jules and Jim is missing Kevin Smith grinning at the top.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

yep, this is the beginning.  first just a little cover change, before you know it, it will be BLOCKBUSTER CRITERION VIDEO.   :(
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

Gold Trumpet

OK, here's a rumor saying David Fincher's The Game is coming in April:  http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=354&n=1&k=The+Game&burl=r%3D0%26g%3Dinfo%26s%3D1%26k%3DThe%2BGame

Personally, I don't buy it. It says potential release on April 25th, but thats a Monday. And I couldn't find a DavidFincher.net at all. I would love for it to be true because its the best film Fincher made. Annoucements of April titles should be sometime next week.

modage

i'm pretty sure that article is 3 years old practically, back when the rumors were around and there was a davidfincher.net.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: themodernage02i'm pretty sure that article is 3 years old practically, back when the rumors were around and there was a davidfincher.net.

I think you're right. At the top, I saw the 2002 date, but it was dated July and for an annoucment to say its coming in April didn't make sense either. Well, fuck it.