Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

squints

that's a pretty righteous cover.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Ravi

hedwig

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Quote from: modage on October 25, 2009, 02:40:50 PM

sit boy - the sound room

96kbps. Can someone give me a heads up when this appears in decent-sounding quality?

edit: added a fucking title.

Nevermind, I got it.

It's Julian Casablancas - Phrazes For The Young btw, though I like your title better.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: modage on October 28, 2009, 02:03:46 PM
Quote from: modage on October 25, 2009, 02:40:50 PM
sit boy - the sound room
It's Julian Casablancas - Phrazes For The Young btw, though I like your title better.
This would explain why I couldn't find it.....
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Ravi

Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms

http://www.myspace.com/neonindian

Check out "Deadbeat Summer"

The Perineum Falcon

Devendra Banhart - What Will We Be
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Stefen

It sounds like bourbon and underage sex.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

socketlevel

been going old school recently and throwing down some great early nineties tunes.

afghan whigs gentlemen album lives up, it's not dated at all.  this is probably because they sounded dated when it came out, no one ever came close to channeling the same vibe.
the one last hit that spent you...

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

The Perineum Falcon

Sigur Rós