Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl

Started by SHAFTR, February 04, 2003, 12:27:25 PM

Sleuth

It's still suspicious the way it was hushed up so quickly only to reappear all these months later to be "debunked"
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Miramax to Release Smith's Jersey Girl on March 26
Source: Miramax Films

Miramax Films has announced a March 26, 2004 release date of Jersey Girl, Kevin Smith's latest feature project. Jersey Girl, starring Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, is produced by Smith and his longtime producing partner Scott Mosier through their View Askew production company. The announcement was made today by Miramax chief operating officer Rick Sands. Jersey Girl will open in 1,600 theaters nationwide on March 26, expanding to 2,000 theaters on April 2 and further expanding to 2,500+ theaters on April 9.

Sands stated, "Based on the feedback from research screenings and positive response from key exhibitors, 'Jersey Girl' is proving to have great word of mouth and promises to have strong play through the Easter holiday. This, coupled with the favorable competitive environment, allowed for the date change from March 19th."

"I am pleasantly surprised by the audiences' great reactions to 'Jersey Girl'," said Steve Bunnell, senior vice president, head film buyer, Loews Cineplex Theatres, Inc.

"'Jersey Girl' is a film that can be marketed really well not only to Kevin Smith's fans but to all audiences," said John Lundin, Cinemark USA head film buyer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinMiramax to Release Smith's Jersey Girl on March 26
Source: Miramax Films

Miramax Films has announced a March 26, 2004 release date of Jersey Girl, Kevin Smith's latest feature project. Jersey Girl, starring Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, is produced by Smith and his longtime producing partner Scott Mosier through their View Askew production company. The announcement was made today by Miramax chief operating officer Rick Sands. Jersey Girl will open in 1,600 theaters nationwide on March 26, expanding to 2,000 theaters on April 2 and further expanding to 2,500+ theaters on April 9.

Sands stated, "Based on the feedback from research screenings and positive response from key exhibitors, 'Jersey Girl' is proving to have great word of mouth and promises to have strong play through the Easter holiday. This, coupled with the favorable competitive environment, allowed for the date change from March 19th."

"I am pleasantly surprised by the audiences' great reactions to 'Jersey Girl'," said Steve Bunnell, senior vice president, head film buyer, Loews Cineplex Theatres, Inc.

"'Jersey Girl' is a film that can be marketed really well not only to Kevin Smith's fans but to all audiences," said John Lundin, Cinemark USA head film buyer.

This movie will be good..

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!

Banky

official site is up

www.jerseygirl-movie.com

Stefen

Quote from: ebeamanThis is really weird, I don't know why but I wanna see this movie so bad now. Now more than ever looking at the website. I gotta say, its actually becoming one of my most anticipated films of the year. I literally can't believe I'm going to be seeing a post-Gigli Ben Affleck/Jlo movie on opening day, lol. I can't even explain why I want to see it but I just really do. It really reminds me of the feeling a good John Hughes movie gives me, watching the trailer I mean. Can't wait for March!

I feel the same way. I love when Kevin Smith does stuff like this (ie chasing amy) Kevin Smith is the best when he does small intimate stuff with people he knows and trusts.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Banky

a Kevin Smith movie being anticipated on XIXAX.COM? wow

Just Withnail

Quote from: ebeamanIt really reminds me of the feeling a good John Hughes movie gives me

Ernie

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: ebeamanThis is really weird, I don't know why but I wanna see this movie so bad now. Now more than ever looking at the website. I gotta say, its actually becoming one of my most anticipated films of the year. I literally can't believe I'm going to be seeing a post-Gigli Ben Affleck/Jlo movie on opening day, lol. I can't even explain why I want to see it but I just really do. It really reminds me of the feeling a good John Hughes movie gives me, watching the trailer I mean. Can't wait for March!

I feel the same way. I love when Kevin Smith does stuff like this (ie chasing amy) Kevin Smith is the best when he does small intimate stuff with people he knows and trusts.

Yes yes, you know exactly what I mean, I can tell. It's a very comforting sort of movie to see, like it's more than just a feel good movie. It's inexplicable really.

Quote from: Withnail
Quote from: ebeamanIt really reminds me of the feeling a good John Hughes movie gives me

LOL, oh my god, I knew there was some subconcious thing I had going there! That is dead on man, great find you have there. I've never seen that particular Hughes flick but he's somebody who has a very distinct style and it shows there. Lol, I knew there was some connection, thank you.

Just Withnail

No problem. Was the first thing that came to mind. Don't have too many good memories of the movie, though.

©brad

ono

Quote from: ©bradtagline is hella-lame.
Taglines are always usually hella-lame.  Even in the best movies.  I can't say always, because Magnolia's tagline seems to defy all that.

rustinglass

what was that? "80% chance of rain...something, right?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaTaglines are always usually hella-lame.  Even in the best movies.
a whole thread that says otherwise.
under the paving stones.

ono

Quote from: rustinglasswhat was that? "80% chance of rain...something, right?
Things fall down.  People look up.  And when it rains, it pours.

And as for that thread, I'm still not impressed with most taglines.  Usually they border on cheesy rather than saying something profound about the movie.

MacGuffin

Affleck & J.Lo Wedding Scene Cut From Jersey Girl
Source: The Associated Press

A wedding scene with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez has been cut from director Kevin Smith's upcoming Jersey Girl, according to Us Weekly magazine.

"I didn't know if (it was right) to leave it in," Smith is quoted as saying in the March 8 issue. "People might forget they're watching a picture, like, 'Wait, didn't these two NOT get married?'"

Affleck and Lopez were supposed to have married last September, but abruptly postponed their lavish plans "due to the excessive media attention surrounding our wedding." They have since ended their engagement.

Jersey Girl, for which the official website (where there is no mention of Lopez either) just opened, is set for release March 26.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks