Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl

Started by SHAFTR, February 04, 2003, 12:27:25 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: CinephileIf Chasing Amy didn't prove it, this movie will prove that Kevin Smith can write.
hey one good movie a decade is not bad. i just hope every character in this movie doesn't explain what they're doing, what they've just done, and what they're gonna do in the next scene, using too many adjectives and in the end winking at the camera, jesus christ if they do that we will know he hasn't changed a bit.
under the paving stones.

Banky

yeah and he is also fat so fuck him

Pubrick

u can if u want.

i find his appearance charming, and down-to-earth. just not fuckable.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Brodieyeah and he is also fat so fuck him
alfred hitchcock never put up with this shit.

Pwaybloe

You seem to be the biggest Kevin Smith fan here on this board, and I commend you on that.  What I find funny is you don't really get upset when somebody says, "Kevin Smith sucks!"  But you do get upset when everyone here ignores him.  

I think you HATE that people here are just disinterested in him.

Banky

Quote from: Pawbloe

You seem to be the biggest Kevin Smith fan here on this board, and I commend you on that.  What I find funny is you don't really get upset when somebody says, "Kevin Smith sucks!"  But you do get upset when everyone here ignores him.  

i think HATE is kinda strong but yeah

i just feel like i need to try and promote and stick up for him because there are not many here who will

P by the way,  I love you buddy.

Quote from: Brodie

i just feel like i need to try and promote and stick up for him because there are not many here who will

Im just waiting for you to reveal that you really are Kevin Smith.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Quote from: 82

Im just waiting for you to reveal that you really are Kevin Smith.

hahaha , it wouldn't surprise me after what he did when Dogma was causing emputamientos
context, context, context.

SHAFTR

Smith Fans Unite!
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Alethia

i like smith, but mallrats blew

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardwhen will it be available for quicktime???

Now.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

mac what do you think of the trailer

cine

Quote from: ewardi like smith, but mallrats blew
I agree.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Brodiemac what do you think of the trailer

Hard to tell what the film will be like. It's a very standard romantic comedy trailer, showing the cute children, parent follies and then switching gears to the romance, all the while the music souring over the one-liners. Geared as a Ben Affleck movie, showing about 2 seconds of Jennifer Lopez. Also, one mention of Kevin Smith (in the voice over) which means they aren't telling audiences "From the writer/director of "Jay & Silent Bob..." and trying go for a broader audience. It could be an above average romantic comedy because of Smith (and that's why I'll go see it), but you wouldn't know it from the trailer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

I would only see this if JLo was mauled by a dog then raped by it... At that point I might go see it.. But it's obvious that she faces a tramatic pregnancy.... Whoopie!
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"