Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl

Started by SHAFTR, February 04, 2003, 12:27:25 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanYeah, the rivalry never really meant much to me. I just really don't like Kevin Smith movies.
totally. the (one-sided) rivalry was just a stupid coincidence that confirmed to me that there's sumthing really immature about smith.

i still like clerks and chasing amy a lot, the others i wouldn't shit on. so i'll be seeing jersey girl cos it sounds like it could be one of his non-stupid movies.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Pubricki still like clerks and chasing amy a lot, the others i wouldn't shit on. so i'll be seeing jersey girl cos it sounds like it could be one of his non-stupid movies.
me too.  i hated HATED HATED jasbsb, but since i really liked smith when i was in high school i will give him at least this one chance to make another good one.  i will give him the benefit of the doubt.  i HOPE its good, but who knows.  i cant say i'm excited about it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

i liked Dogma alot.......i  think that and Clerks/Chasing Amy are brilliant....plus  .in Dogma the script  is great......i have always liked the jline where damon and affleck are talking to each other in the parking garage and the lines that follow are something like this:

Affleck: "These humans have besmurched everything that God has bestowed upon them.....They were given Paradise and they threw it away.......They were given this planet and they're destroying it......Humans were favored best among all God's endeavors....and some of them don't even believe He exists."

thats cool stuff......Dogma is way underrated.......

Banky

agree but neon i gotta say, i liked your old MD avatar better

cine

Quote from: Bankyagree but neon i gotta say, i liked your old MD avatar better
Agreed.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Bankyagree but neon i gotta say, i liked your old MD avatar better

yeah you and cinephile are right........i really want the one(possible theatrical poster)??.......it's pretty basic..it has the LA city-scape at night.and at the top is has the title but done like a street sign......someone help a brother out and find me one...???.thanks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

for anyone interested, Affleck is hosting SNL tonight and Smith is rumored to appear

Ghostboy

Is it just me or did Affleck look a little portly on SNL? Mostly really good sketches though, especially the Appalachian hospital and the Top O' The Morning Show. And Affleck's gay wedding.

Banky

yeah it was funny but no Smith.  Yeah he did look a little heafty in the neck area

modage

Quote from: GhostboyIs it just me or did Affleck look a little portly on SNL? Mostly really good sketches though, especially the Appalachian hospital and the Top O' The Morning Show. And Affleck's gay wedding.
yeah i noticed the portly during the promos this week and was confirmed last nite.  the show, however, was pretty damn funny especially compared to most of this season which has blown hard.  the bangkok commercials were funny too.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Bankyyeah it was funny but no Smith

That's because he's here, in Austin, for SXSW.  JG is showing tonight, Smith is hosting.  I will not be attending.

ono

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: GhostboyIs it just me or did Affleck look a little portly on SNL? Mostly really good sketches though, especially the Appalachian hospital and the Top O' The Morning Show. And Affleck's gay wedding.
yeah i noticed the portly during the promos this week and was confirmed last nite.  the show, however, was pretty damn funny especially compared to most of this season which has blown hard.  the bangkok commercials were funny too.
Funny, if you ask me, SNL's better than it's been in years now, despite their poor host selection.  This is largely due in part to the surprising fact that a lot of the "poor hosts" have actually done a good job.  I wasn't expecting too much from Justin Timberlake, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson, or Christina Aguilera, but all of those episodes had some great moments.  The only really weak episode I can think of from this season has been the Al Sharpton/Pink one.  Jimmy Fallon's radio guy sketch is quickly becoming classic.  I did however think that the Appalachian Emergency Room sketch was rather lame.  Agreed, though, that the Bangkok commercials were inspired.  And say what you want about Ben Affleck, but I find it impossible to dislike him.  All accounts make it seem as if he's such a down-to-earth, affable fellow.

NEON MERCURY

PARDON MY INTERUPTION.......BUT

Mac and Mod............thanks for the help..........

i will get on it soon....thanks.....