Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl

Started by SHAFTR, February 04, 2003, 12:27:25 PM

Pedro

modage

here's the question Brodie: if you didn't know this was a Kevin Smith movie, would you be interested in it from THAT trailer?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Quote from: themodernage02here's the question Brodie: if you didn't know this was a Kevin Smith movie, would you be interested in it from THAT trailer?

as a huge smith fan....no

but I do trust in him.  Even J&SB I got my laughs worth.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

picolas

this is what happened to me when the trailer page loaded. true story.

Banky

Quote from: themodernage02here's the question Brodie: if you didn't know this was a Kevin Smith movie, would you be interested in it from THAT trailer?

yeah, i mean i dont think that the trailer is amazing or anything but it does make it out to be good and something i would probably catch

oakmanc234

Yea it looks nice & its probably a great movie but if it weren't a Smith flick I wouldn't think the least of this trailer.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Banky

Bennifer no more

The on-again, off-again entity known as Bennifer is once again off-again, at least as far as wedding bells are concerned. Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have called off their engagement.

"I am confirming the report that Jennifer Lopez has ended her engagement to Ben Affleck," the singer/actress' spokesperson said in a statement issued Thursday (January 22). "At this difficult time, we ask that you respect her privacy."

The break of the engagement isn't necessarily a breakup, however. Affleck has simply been telling reporters that there are no immediate plans to reschedule their wedding, which had been postponed indefinitely back in September due to what was called "excessive media attention" (see "Jennifer Lopez And Ben Affleck Postpone Their Wedding"). Since then, there have been persistent rumors that the twosome were having difficulties, starting immediately after their wedding plans were canceled (see "Ben And J. Lo Broken Up?"), and then later as Affleck attended this year's Sundance festival alone and Lopez was spotted without her pink-diamond engagement ring.

Lopez and Affleck met while filming the box-office flop "Gigli" in spring 2002, and became a couple as the singer's second marriage, to choreographer Cris Judd, deteriorated. Lopez filed in July 2002 for a divorce, and by November of that year had announced her engagement with Affleck. Lopez and Judd's divorce became final on January 26, 2003. Lopez previously divorced Ojani Noa in 1997, after one year of marriage. This would have been the first marriage for Affleck.

"We never comment on the personal lives of our clients," Affleck's rep Ken Sunshine said.

©brad

so they got engaged after dating for 3 months? famous ppl are so ridiculously stupid w/ relationships and marriages. i gues the media attention thing doesn't help though.

here's a question; do you think it's possible that one reason why many hollywood couples get married so soon is that they already feel like they know eachother before they even met? for instance, say you were to date, um, i don't know, fucking glenn close. say you were going to date glenn close. before you even meet here though, you already have this preconceived perception of what kind of person she is from her films, interviews, etc. it's like your starting a relationship three weeks ahead. (not really, but you get the idea)

cine

Well first of all, I'd make her shave. Fuck.

SHAFTR

Myxo

Quote from: ©bradso they got engaged after dating for 3 months? famous ppl are so ridiculously stupid w/ relationships and marriages. i gues the media attention thing doesn't help though.

Thats the main reason these people do it; for the media attention. Do you really think Bennifer had any intentions of getting married? Please.

The same thing with Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz. It's pretty easy to spot them.

Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore? Haha..

Banky

from Newsaskew.com

**SPOILERS**

Jennifer Lopez has been spared the ordeal of promoting Jersey Girl alongside Ben Affleck, because she dies just 12 minutes into the movie. Kevin Smith insists J.Lo was never expected to promote the movie in the first place. He explains, "There weren't plans beforehand for (Lopez) to be there at the March 5 press junket in New York, so the break-up doesn't affect that. But I expect Ben to get hammered with questions."
Miramax, which will release the movie on March 19, has been playing down her participation in the picture. Lopez barely appears in the trailer, which makes it clear her character dies during the birth of their child early on, and that Affleck's character moves on to a relationship with more prominently featured Liv Tyler. Lopez doesn't even appear on posters for the film. Instead it features Affleck with Raquel Castro, who plays their daughter. Smith adds, "Now that the trailer's out, people are getting (the idea) that it's not a 'Bennifer' movie." Gigli co-stars Lopez and Affleck called an end to their much hyped romance last week.

SHAFTR

Pubrick

haha there's nothing above u.
under the paving stones.

cine