Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

last days of gerry the elephant

yes, it leaked yesterday. very very good album, it has jarvis cocker (!) and neil hannon.
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

ATTN: Anyone who has an OiNK account.

Their having their download as much as you want and don't worry about your upload ratio thing right now through the  end of the year. It's totally awesome.

I'm dling a lossless 3 gig Coltrane collection...and doing it without having to worry about consequences and losing my hard to find OiNK account! Best christmas ever!

Oh, and Pocket Symphony is boring.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

Quote from: Stefen on December 22, 2006, 10:52:06 PM
Oh, and Pocket Symphony is boring.

It's no Premiers Symptomes, I was a little let down but their work on the Alex Gopher album & Mer Du Japon I enjoyed.

squints

Busdriver - Roadkill Overcoat

-horrible album title but a great cd
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- Some Loud Thunder
http://myspace.com/clapyourhandssayyeah

first impression: it sucks BAD.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Bethie

hova is full of himself.
who likes movies anyway

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

modage

i know i'm like really really behind on this, but damn i (can't believe i) really like this!  i bought it for about $1.25 on eMusic and love Emily and Only Skin the most.  i had read a lot about her a few years ago when she was hot shit and started to download Milk Eyed Mender to give it a try, while the rest of the album was downloading i started listening to the first track and before it was over i deleted the whole album.  so i figured despite all of Ys praise it would not be for me.  and yet, it is for me.  its nearly an hour long but flies by everytime like it's only 5 songs.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Behold... The Arctopus - Nano-Nucleonic Cyborg Summoning
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sooo good. It's kind of like a hybrid between early Phoenix/United & a better version of the Scissor Sisters (for the vocals).

Pubrick

Quote from: overmeunderyou on January 19, 2007, 05:21:35 PM
It's kind of like a hybrid between early Phoenix/United & a better version of the Scissor Sisters (for the vocals).
good description. i'm stealing it.
under the paving stones.