Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It's got the sex I want in Dr. Octagon without all the alien rape (though that does have it's time and place).
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

McfLy

Quote from: mogwai on February 11, 2007, 03:18:59 AM
Bloc Party: A Weekend In The City
Just picked it up, great album.

RegularKarate

grand theft sparrow

McfLy

Quote from: RegularKarate on February 13, 2007, 02:36:55 PM
Quote from: McfLy on February 13, 2007, 02:27:34 PM
Bloc Party: A Weekend In The City

Not really
Really  :wink:

Nothing comes close to the greatness of Compliments off Silent Alarm, but tracks like Kreuzburg and Sunday come close (But not too close).

Stefen

It's not very good. I DLed the very first leaked version and it didn't impress me at all. Their drummer is amazing and on that leak you can barely hear him. It's all toned down so the singer dating the guitarists voice is all you can really hear.

Also, the only thing I liked about it was the fan coverart. You know the one.

I dled a proper version that I haven't moved to iTunes or my iPod yet but I'm going to and give it anothet try, but it's just not the same without that amazing cover. That cover was what it would look like if Criterion released albums.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: McfLy on February 13, 2007, 03:56:45 PM
Nothing comes close to the greatness of Compliments off Silent Alarm, but tracks like Kreuzburg and Sunday come close (But not too close).

that statement came close to making sense (but not too close).
under the paving stones.

it's a great album, naysayers.
context, context, context.

samsong

Stefen

Just leaked on oINK. I'm on the first track. I'll report back if it's awesome. Otherwise, I'm done with it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: McfLy on February 13, 2007, 03:56:45 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on February 13, 2007, 02:36:55 PM
Quote from: McfLy on February 13, 2007, 02:27:34 PM

Not really
Really  :wink:

Quote from: cronopio on February 14, 2007, 10:10:45 AM
it's a great album, naysayers.

i've been playing it for weeks and it's still got a few more plays in it. silent alarm got the same treatment, so at least they're consistent.

i'll say this about it: it's a good album to photocopy to.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I'm sure Crono has moved onto something else by now. It's been days.

polkablues

Damien Jurado - And Now That I'm In Your Shadow

Beautiful.  I'll never go on a moody, soul-searching road trip through rural America without this album playing on the car stereo.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.