Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

polkablues

Nico Vega

This is my favorite rock album in quite a while.  Pretty girls who sing like Grace Slick are my Achilles' heel.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on November 27, 2009, 11:44:12 AM
Recently was wowed and awed by Elevator to the Gallows,

Yeah, the Criterion of this is outstanding.

Furthermore...

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

tpfkabi

i dig
Real Estate - Real Estate

a pleasant surprise at the end of the year - a very summery album for cold weather.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

hedwig

panda bear- Person Pitch. vinyl.

it's 3 AM.

Stefen

I only recently came around to the greatness of that album.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Alexandro

someone has any links for the new tom waitS?????

modage

Previously, Jonny- CMBB.  Next, Aimee- Mags.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Kyuss!  Jesus, that's why I love this thread.  Lots of flavor of the week album posts, and then boom, out of nowhere, I'm reminded of a classic.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Charlotte Gainsbourg - IRM
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

a.santi

is it any good?

i sort of liked 5:55, but got a bit bored after a while...

MacGuffin

Quote from: a.santi on December 04, 2009, 04:32:56 PM
is it any good?

i sort of liked 5:55, but got a bit bored after a while...

It's great. Has a huge Beck influence, so it's a more up tempo album than the Air sounding 5:55, which I liked too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

socketlevel

if you like rock, hard rock fused with some cool shit check out this canadian band that broke up many years ago.  i'm listenng to it right now and kinda loving it.  if any of you find the torrent and DL this beast, make sure you post telling me yay or nay cuz i'm interested what you think:

The Smalls "My Dear Little Angle"

Choice Tracks: My saddle horse has died; Legba's Cux; and My dear little Angle (album track that has an awesome spoken word moment, which perfectly captures the essence of vincent price and dr. zeus at the same time)

the one last hit that spent you...

Reinhold

i'm listening to the flaming lips cover dark side of the moon. walrus, i think you'll dig it.

The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and White Dwarfs with Henry Rollins and Peaches Doing the Dark Side of the Moon:
1. "Speak To Me" / "Breathe" (featuring Henry Rollins and Peaches)
2. "On The Run" (featuring Henry Rollins)
3. "Time" / "Breathe Reprise"
4. "The Great Gig In The Sky" (featuring Peaches and Henry Rollins)
5. "Money" (featuring Henry Rollins)
6. "Us And Them" (featuring Henry Rollins)
7. "Any Colour You Like"
8. "Brain Damage" (featuring Henry Rollins)
9. "Eclipse" (featuring Henry Rollins).
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.