Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

tpfkabi

any Godard is mine.

if you didn't know, there is now a Criterion e-mail newsletter that gives announcements, etc. i've only gotten one so far and it was because i had sent questions/suggestions to the site.

if this has already been mentioned, sorry. for some reason i stopped getting notified on this topic.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Gold Trumpet

"Great News Criterion Fans. The following news are from Robert Bresson's website: http://www.mastersofcinema.org/bresson/TheNews.html

July 12, 2005
Criterion is poised to release Pickpocket (R1/NTSC) in November. There will be no commentary track, but a new documentary will be included as a bonus feature on the DVD [ Thanks to Antony Sellers for the update ]. We note that this release was hinted about by Paul Schrader in various fora already back in late 2003. It is thus reasonable to expect that he is involved somehow in the aforementioned documentary feature (instead of what many thought would be a commentary track).

It appears to be a great year after all for criterion collectors."

samsong

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

grand theft sparrow

Alethia

shit, criterions on a roll...masculine feminine, pickpocket and naked deserve the criterion treatment above most others in the entire fucking catalogue!!!

Rudie Obias

Quote from: samsong

i don't like this cover so much.  i like the film poster better.

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

The Perineum Falcon

Agreed.

I'm surprised they opted(?) for the photo instead. Maybe they'll change it.

But, I'll take what I can get.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Ravi

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pwaybloe

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: PwaybloeHere's mine.

It's missing Godard smiling in the corner.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: hacksparrow

life_boy!!! look!!

or did you already know this?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well... it is at the top of the page...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

life_boy

Quote from: NEON MERCURY[Naked: Criterion Cover]

life_boy!!! look!!

Thanks Neon, I'm pretty excited about that one too.  I'll finally get to see the film in a far better transfer than the shitty Blockbuster VHS been-here-since-1993 video tape transfer that is my only experience with the film so far.  I've been doing the "ask Jon Mulvaney" email thing suggesting a great Criterion release of Naked for a while.  Not that I had anything to do with the release at all...I'm just happy they finally got around to releasing this wonderful film.  It's one of the best of the 90's, last I checked.

I haven't seen Pickpocket or Masculin Feminin but I look forward to those as well.