Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

bonanzataz

plastic ono band / sometime in new york city...

WOMAN!
IS THE NIGGER!
OF THE WORLD!

if you don't believe me, take a look at the one you're with.

and yoko may be a witch, but fuck, i love that woman to death. the new remix album is great (peaches and flaming lips are on it, you can't say no) and i don't get why people freak out and tell me i'm stupid and crazy for thinking "don't worry kyoko (mummy's just looking for her hand in the snow)" is such a rockin' fucking song.

WE MAKE HER PAINT HER FACE AND DAAAAAAANCE!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

samsong

squints

Quote from: samsong on January 20, 2007, 06:24:32 PM

I bought this cd months ago. I've seen them twice and i'm still listening to it regularly
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

JG

samsong

explosions in the sky - all of a sudden i miss everyone

Stefen

Quote from: samsong on January 21, 2007, 10:07:12 PM
explosions in the sky - all of a sudden i miss everyone

What do you think of it? I've been really getting into post-rock the last couple months and ever since this leaked it's been heavy in my roatation along with Do Make Say Thinks new one, You, You're A History In Rust.

Right now I'm gearing up for Coachella and for their reunion. Anyone else gonna go?

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

JG

andrew bird - armchair apocrypha

bird is winter.  really good, only one listen in. 

The Perineum Falcon

I'm assuming that's an illegal copy you're flaunting around in my face, JG. Which is all the more confusing because of the cover art you've shown.... :ponder:
Please explain and correct my manner of assumption.

And I'm jealous for it. :yabbse-angry:

Currently, and legally, listening to:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

JG

Quote from: Slightly Green on January 24, 2007, 10:47:49 AM
I'm assuming that's an illegal copy you're flaunting around in my face, JG. Which is all the more confusing because of the cover art you've shown.... :ponder:

:saywhat: of course its illegal, what does that have to do with finding the cover on the internet? 

Quote from: Pubrick on November 13, 2006, 03:34:31 AM
you know, i don't think i've ever actually owned the CDs and by extension the cover art that i've posted here when i've been playing stuff, cos it's all stolen, but that never stopped me from googling the cover just to make it slightly more interesting than just another name-drop.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: JG on January 24, 2007, 11:00:40 AM

:saywhat: of course its illegal, what does that have to do with finding the cover on the internet? 

Quote from: Pubrick on November 13, 2006, 03:34:31 AM
you know, i don't think i've ever actually owned the CDs and by extension the cover art that i've posted here when i've been playing stuff, cos it's all stolen, but that never stopped me from googling the cover just to make it slightly more interesting than just another name-drop.
These are all valid points.

And I've really no good explanation for why I was confused. I just was.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

I Love a Magician

I really like that new Shins album a lot for the most part. "Turn On Me." Mhmm.

I gotta get that Andrew Bird album.

someone should send it to me

context, context, context.

Stefen

Quote from: I Love a Magician on January 24, 2007, 03:57:35 PM
I really like that new Shins album a lot for the most part. "Turn On Me." Mhmm.

I gotta get that Andrew Bird album.

someone should send it to me

Here you go. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ht0bf2

That's from oink. It has the mysterious production of eggs cover in it though cause the program I use to DL cover art dled that one cause I guess the cover for the new album isn't released yet.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Which is all the more confusing because of the cover art you've shown.... :ponder:
Quote from: JG on January 24, 2007, 11:00:40 AM
what does that have to do with finding the cover on the internet? 
Quote from: Slightly Green on January 24, 2007, 11:24:44 AM
I've really no good explanation for why I was confused. I just was.

i thought this is what you meant originally:

Quote from: Stefen on January 24, 2007, 09:05:52 PM
the cover for the new album isn't released yet.
under the paving stones.