NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SHAFTR

I just beat Jade Empire.  I took the Open Palm route.  It's a very enjoyable RPG.  Recommended.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

deathnotronic

I'm back again.

I'm on Mannoroth. Alliance. 55 Paladin and 45 Priest.

I'll fucking eat your babies.

Jeremy Blackman

I switched to a Priest. Mostly because I was sick of looking at that ugly gnome. Night Elves are so pretty.

Deathtronic, do you have any Priest advice? I'll be mostly playing with a party. I want just one really good healing spell (Prayer of Healing or Flash Heal?) and the rest should go into damage spells, maybe something like Smite or Mind Blast or Mind Flay. Opinions?

I've learned tailoring and enchanting (plus fishing, cooking, and first aid). Which professions can earn you the most cash?

Myxo

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI've learned tailoring and enchanting (plus fishing, cooking, and first aid). Which professions can earn you the most cash?

It's up to you what you want really..

Priests are challenging to play without a group until you get fear.

As far as professions go, you'll make the most money until you get your mount from gathering professions. Go with mining and herbalism. You'll make a shitload of money selling ore/bars and herbs in the auction house. Get aquainted with the auction house. It's your friend.

..you can buy a mount (Night Elves get riding tigers) at level 40. They cost 90-100g depending on reputation. I recommend that you keep your gathering professions until you're comfortable with money and have enough to get a mount at 40th. Mounts make a huge, huge difference and you'll want one right at 40th.

After level 40, start thinking about what you might drop to take up something like tailoring, leatheworking or blacksmithing. Enchanting is the most expensive tradeskill. Keep that in mind.

Jeremy Blackman

Thanks for the advice... I'll definitely do that. My friend is a 43 miner/engineer and he can't afford a mount... not sure why. He said tailoring and leatherworking make the most cash, but maybe he meant at higher levels.

Any idea where a lvl 7 Night Elf might find a mining trainer?

Raikus

You have to go to Human or Dwarf cities before you can learn that. I don't think there's any instructor in Darnassus. If you did herbalism, make sure to stock up before your leave Teldrassil because there's more around there than any other lower level locations.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusYou have to go to Human or Dwarf cities before you can learn that. I don't think there's any instructor in Darnassus.
I found a mining trainer in Darkshore (thanks to this excellent website), but of course when I went back to Teldrassil I couldn't find anything to mine.

Quote from: RaikusIf you did herbalism, make sure to stock up before your leave Teldrassil because there's more around there than any other lower level locations.
I'm past 15 herbalism now, and I've found tons of stuff in Teldrassil, but I've sold it all to vendors. I have no idea which herbs are worth anything to other players.

Raikus

Also check out //www.thottbot.com as a resource. Tons of good stuff. You can also pull up the Alchemy tables and see what herbs will be in demand the most. It's really helpful in all kinds of item info and who drops what kind of stuff.

deathnotronic

Don't spec shadow unless you want to solo. Holy is what I went and would recommend to everyone just because all your time will be devoted to healing and you won't be distracted by bullshit stuff like mind flay. A healed, living group is much happier than a half-healed, half-wiped group. Shadow priests can never juggle healing and killing and it pisses me off.

Learn to use fade. A lot of priests I play with never use fade and it pisses me off.

I enchant and it sucked my money into an endless vortex until my priest got tailoring up. My priest is a tailor at 250 right now. I make stuff on priest, and disenchant it on my pally. It works out nice.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Raikuswww.thottbot.com
That site reminds me of http://d2data.net/

Quote from: deathnotronicDon't spec shadow unless you want to solo. Holy is what I went and would recommend to everyone just because all your time will be devoted to healing and you won't be distracted by bullshit stuff like mind flay. A healed, living group is much happier than a half-healed, half-wiped group. Shadow priests can never juggle healing and killing and it pisses me off.
Had I not played in a party yesterday, I might try to disagree with you. I was trying to heal and shield people (two people and myself) while trying to smite at the same time. It wasn't easy.

I'll probably go for Prayer of Healing & Power World: Shield. Does that sound good? Or do I need Greater Heal also? EDIT: I think I've just determined that Greater Heal is unecessary. Its maxed mana cost is basically the same as Prayer of Healing, and the cast delay is a little longer. Plus, anyone who needs 2396-2674 healing has some serious problems. (Just guessing... I don't know what hit points are like at higher levels.)

I still need a good damage spell. I'm thinking Starshards and Smite. Is it feasible to have both? I guess it is, cause Starshards doesn't really benefit much from talents. It looks like I should avoid the whole disclipline tree, actually.