Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jenkins

you guys veer off track like mother fuckers

Fuzzy Dunlop

Jon Peters is a character, man. He was a producer on A Star is Born, so maybe there's a Coop thread there?

He was also responsible for the giant mechanical spider in 1999's best picture snub Wild Wild West. https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/wild-wild-west-inside-story

kingfan011

Quote from: AlRose on August 26, 2020, 02:33:00 PM
Quote from: Find Your Magali on August 26, 2020, 02:18:17 PM
Anyone else worried how damn skinny PTA looks in these photos?

I watched the shoot at the gas station and took a few pictures, can confirm PTA is very skinny.

Since you were able to watch the shoot anything interesting you noticed that might not be conveyed by the photos?

Find Your Magali

So what's the official best guess on why we haven't gotten a more extensive announcement on the start of the production, the cast, the main crew? Are they just unsure of how much they'll actually get through, shooting wise, and so they're hedging their bets? Is there a chance that Cooper doesn't have an extensive role in the film, and so they're doing his scene(s) now, while scheduling allows?

Drenk

It has been like that for a while. Cast announcement for Inherent Vice were made very late: Joanna Newsom, for example.
Ascension.

jenkins

there are particulars i'm not addressing but i believe that in a general sense it benefits the creative process to exist in an unobstructed vacuum. he doesn't need to hear what we think about this or that while he's up to his own business

to address particulars, i think you're accurate about the b coops scheduling and just frankly there might indeed not be other big name actors involved. we suspect one or two but it may not be many. think of how many big name actors were in boogie nights

i don't suspect that information being shared relates to the pandemic in any manner

wilberfan

Quote from: kingfan011 on August 26, 2020, 04:03:22 PM
Since you were able to watch the shoot anything interesting you noticed that might not be conveyed by the photos?

I'm noticing when I go back and look at the photos I took that night that there are things I missed in the moment.  I have a picture of Alana and "the Kid"--but I didn't recognize them at the time.   I have some shots of the Production Photographer working--but didn't notice her, either. (I've been trying to interview the PP on 'Boogie Nights' for years now.  It's the job on Boogie Nights I've always wished I'd had.)

There was so much going on, in so many different parts of that setting (It was literally a block wide)--it was impossible to take it all in.  You'd almost need video from 6 different cameras to go back and study to examine what all was happening.  Add in the fact that everyone is masked, and it's hard to ID people.

For example, I missed the fact that Maya and the kids were there that night. Personally, I think I would have gotten more excited by that than seeing Coops.   :wink:

SaunchSmilax

Quote from: wilberfan on August 26, 2020, 04:23:22 PM
Quote from: kingfan011 on August 26, 2020, 04:03:22 PM

I'm noticing when I go back and look at the photos I took that night that there are things I missed in the moment.  I have a picture of Alana and "the Kid"--but I didn't recognize them at the time.   I have some shots of the Production Photographer working--but didn't notice her, either. (I've been trying to interview the PP on 'Boogie Nights' for years now.  It's the job on Boogie Nights I've always wished I'd had.)

There was so much going on, in so many different parts of that setting (It was literally a block wide)--it was impossible to take it all in.  You'd almost need video from 6 different cameras to go back and study to examine what all was happening.  Add in the fact that everyone is masked, and it's hard to ID people.

For example, I missed the fact that Maya and the kids were there that night. Personally, I think I would have gotten more excited by that than seeing Coops.   :wink:

Hey wilberfan! Any idea if it seemed like Maya might be making another cameo in Paul's filmography? Was she in costume? Seems like she wouldn't be on set during covid (with the kids) unless she had to be there herself...although I'm guessing the Andersons are probably Valley residents.  :yabbse-grin:

Was cool seeing you the other night at the gas station with worldforgot!
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

wilberfan

Good point about them being there despite the covid angle.  Hadn't considered that.   But, no, I never saw them there that night--I learned the next day that they'd in fact been there.  "Really?  Were they, like, staying inside the station or across the street at the video village?"  "No, they were in and out and walking around", was the response.  To my point that there was so much going on--and we were all so focused on the center of the action. (And, yes, I'm half wondering if Paul set this movie in the Valley cuz he wanted a short commute.)

It was a fun hang!

Drill

Starting to believe that the young guy with Cooper and Haim is PSH's son. Don't know what he looks like now, and don't want to look him up (and risk seeing those horrible pictures from the funeral again), but he's now got to be around 17/18? Look at that face.

Alethia

Jesus, imagine if that turned out to be true? What a beautiful thing.

SaunchSmilax

Quote from: eward on August 26, 2020, 08:39:11 PM
Jesus, imagine if that turned out to be true? What a beautiful thing.

It's him...I think I'm gonna cry.
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

jviness02

Yeah, I didn't catch that,  but I am almost positive it's him.

Find Your Magali

Yeah, I just spent 5 minutes going back and forth between photos, and if that's not Cooper Alexander Hoffman, it's a HELL of a coincidence.

polkablues

Can't find any pictures from the last few years, but comparing the older pictures with the picture from the set... I'm currently 99.6% sure it's him.
My house, my rules, my coffee