Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Drill

Thank you for all the info.

I have to say though, I'm kind of shocked that he's apparently going full throttle with this right now. Like I said before, he probably has to produce something, but this seems uncharacteristically reckless of him.

And he can not be serious with that title. Even just because it's straight ripping off the Coens. Hopefully the rest of the cast will be announced the next week or so and sound a bit more exciting than Cooper. Hmm...

jenkins

well, well, well

my, my, my

plus wbf is adorable about it

wilberfan

Spoiler: ShowHide
Gas is $.40.9/gal during this scene.  ($.44.9 for "Premium")   The Art Dept had a price sign ready to go.  My memory is that would place it around '72/'73?

itwasgood

Wow, now it becomes real and Soggy Bottom actually looks good as a movie title on that sign. Thank you for all this info! Hopefully everyone stays safe and healthy in the next three months on that set!

wilberfan

Among the new Covid Protocols are sanitizing the restrooms after every visit.  A year ago it would have been every few hours.

wilder

Larger productions often use fake titles during shooting to discourage interest from the public. It will likely change.

Tdog

Quote from: wilder on August 23, 2020, 03:14:32 PM
Larger productions often use fake titles during shooting to discourage interest from the public. It will likely change.

It would want to!

Thanks for the info anyway!

wilberfan

"Pushing Thirteen" = "Boogie Nights"

WorldForgot

I like to imagine this title denotes the summer heat these location shoots will endure.

Tdog

Quote from: WorldForgot on August 23, 2020, 04:02:04 PM
I like to imagine this title denotes the summer heat these location shoots will endure.

It sounds cleaner than "Moist Crotch".

Alethia

Never has my bottom been more soggy than this past week with a faulty AC in the heatwave to end em all.

jenkins

i think the mystery shrouding this one is a lot of fun. you know with Phantom Thread it was revealed that he's a dressmaker in a relationship and whatnot, but this one has a lot of moving components and electric potential

kingfan011

I hope he has a lot of interiors because I can't imagine working in this heat. I go outside for 15 minutes to do something and I'm pouring sweat.

wilberfan

Someone posted a screen capture of my post--which is not quite what I intended.  I've taken it down from here for now.  Probably incredibly naive of me to  think that wouldn't happen.   I don't want to incur Ghoulardi Wrath upon myself.

jviness02

How have the trades not confirmed more if it's actually filming? Or am I misremembering things. I feel like we had more cast info when Phantom Thread started shooting.

Also, Phantom Thread seemed to have a fairly quick turn around(began shooting in January of 2017 and was released December 25 2017). I wonder if that means we could get this thing as early as this time next year?